Hats off to Turman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Bugler

Sep 19, 2013
Virginia
Wow! Turman Pellets burn clean and hot with almost no ash. I bought 20 bags to try out in my MT. Vernon and see no need to clean the stove for a few more days. At $4.78 a bag at our local Southern Sates, seems like a bargain. I still have two tons of Wood Pellet Co. pellets. It's going to be hard switch back to fines, ash cleanings every 2-3 days.

I have tried numerous pellets over the years, and keep on coming back to Turman. Makes my stove much more enjoyable to have; longer time between cleanings, consistent heat. Love them.

Not sure what the production date is on your bags, but I just finished 1 Ton of Turmans and won't be buying them again. The date in the upper left bag corner was "02-13" and without fail, every bag had countless pellets 2"+ long which constantly created jams. Woke up too many times to count with a stove that was off, stuck a coat hanger up the drop chute and low and behold, it was bridged at the top. The auger would grind up some of the long ones and create a sandbox in the hopper, causing the stove to starve for fuel.

Hopefully they got that issue sorted out.

Just checked and mine are 07/13. The pellets are extremely hard with a consistency or 3/4 to 1.5 inches. No feeding issues to date.

I posted eariler about this problem. My Trurmans purchased this year are extremely long this year. I have to run the stove on at least 4 (1 - 5) or it goes out. I agree hardly ANY ash...In my stove Barefoots are hotter although a lot more ash also paid $4.78 a bag when I bought a ton

Barefoots under $5? buy all of those too!

Status
Not open for further replies.