Hauling a ton in f150?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand all that but I'm not going to own a 2500 or larger truck to haul pellets home 5 miles 3 or 4 times a year. I'm just pointing out that there are some products that work to reduce the stress overall on the truck.
Trailers are cheap. I own a 1/2 ton truck, with a 3.5 ton trailer. Heck, if you don't want to buy, you can rent a tandem axle aluminum trailer from U-Haul for less than $40 per day, with insurance included.

Like @TommyTally, I'd worry about liability, if I were to get in an accident on the way home with an overloaded truck. There's a 99% chance I have more to lose, financially speaking, than the person I hit.

I understand all that but I'm not going to own a 2500 or larger truck to haul pellets home 5 miles 3 or 4 times a year. I'm just pointing out that there are some products that work to reduce the stress overall on the truck.
I would not be buying a bigger truck either in your case,but i would consider making a few extra trips since its like a 5 minute drive. If a kid runs out in front of you or someone pulls in front ect ect you will be glad yur not overloaded and cant stop in time. Around here police pull over vehicles that are obviously overloaded and fine them. Its a big fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.