Hauling Some Wood Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmodaddy

Burning Hunk
Sep 12, 2011
So IL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348106209853.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348106209853.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 180
" SCORE!!! HELL YEAH!!! ! "

That is a nicely loaded 5th wheel trailer !
There is some serious BTUs there.
Cord or 3 anyway :)

Got it cut & split yet ? LOL :)

Now that a HAUL!

Sweeeeet

Thanks all that was a haul AND only 5min from our house. Yes the wood gods have shone on me. LOL here's the kicker tho- I had problems getting pics loaded last night but that was our LAST load hauled yest! I had several pics to be loaded but that's the only one that went. We hauled two other loads identical or greater than that load. Grrr.......I hate computers some times. Ill try to get the others loaded some time today. Here's a pic of the first load mostly cherry and hack berry I believe!

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro--

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348138892159.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348138892159.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 130
2nd load mostly oak with a log of cherry or so.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348139120713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348139120713.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 106
One large stump from an oak! This is how EVERYBODY loads their trailer right?

That's my buddy's excavator and wood from field windrow I cleaned out for him to connect two fields into one large field. I know I am extremely lucky to access to large equipment! He is a good friend and I more or less "work" part time for him on evenings that I am available. I am truly blessed for him.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348139517091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348139517091.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 110
Awesome score! :cool:
That's a pretty big Cherry! Nice that you got some Hedge also. I had a lead on some a while back but it didn't pan out. Are you giving out free samples? You're probably not too far from me (they call it Hedge-apple here, too)...I'll be right over. ==c Better yet, bring it over here and bring your buddy's equipment; I know where there's a 70" Pin Oak trunk we can get. _g
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/now-this-is-a-tree.86200/

Actually, I do have a stash of hedge...impressive, isn't it? Hedge and Tulip Poplar...opposite ends of the spectrum. ==c
011-2.jpg

This is actually a oak stump @ 36" in diameter! About 8ft long! :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348144653673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348144653673.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 101
I have several cherry logs picked out to send with my cousin down to Kentucky to have rough sawed into three fire place mantles. One for my buddy with the equipment and two for my neighbors "saloon" (man cave just don't sound right to us) . Ill add some more pics as I go and of a :eek:GIANT white oak:eek: to come down either Sunday or first part of next week. This thing is HUGE! almost makes me sad to see this thing go. To think of all this old oak has seen! If it could only tell its story :(. Then I think if how warm we will be and how much wood it will yield and im like all HELL TO THE YEAH again:cool:! Is it wrong for me to think like that? I guess what im wondering is when you all approach a standing majestic oak like this do you feel any remorse?

Doesn't look that big in relation to the heavy equipment. ;lol Lotta wood in just that one log...
That beats the heck out of having to wedge-and-sledge big rounds down to size just to get 'em on the trailer, like I have to do when I'm off-site. <>

Man,. to have the tools you have!!! WOW!! Great score, should keep you BZ awhile.

i'd SAY you are hauling some wood !

I was talking about the "2nd load" pic, with your buddy standing behind the trailer; That's a Black Cherry log on the back of the trailer, right?

Doesn't look that big in relation to the heavy equipment. ;lol Lotta wood in just that one log...
That beats the heck out of having to wedge-and-sledge big rounds down to size just to get 'em on the trailer, like I have to do when I'm off-site. <>
Not to get off subject but here's a pic of one of my "toys" where I work. Low river stages are drasticly hindering our load out facilities along with many other facilities near by.

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348148263062.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348148263062.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 94
Yes im sorry you are correct! That is just a little bit of the cherry there! I bet there is at least 4 or more loads if cherry / oak to br gotten there that I have on the ground now. Add that giant white oak to come down .......I'm not sure how many loads that will be. That dude is my "little" cuz. He's one of my best buds and biggest helper. Yesterday was his first day on the 330 n did well learning to load the trailer. I did most of the rigging and saw work!

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Im the skinny one leaning on the trailer I in the first pic relishing in the view of the setting sun(behind the camera ) and a good afternoons work. My cuz snapped that while I was waiting on him and thinking all I have to do on this field.

Reactions: ScotO
Some guys have ALL the cool toys.....not to mention ALL OF THE LUCK!! Nice score, schmodaddy!

here's a pic of one of my "toys" where I work.
That should handle this 70" Pin Oak log down the road from me! ==c

I bet there is at least 4 or more loads if cherry / oak to br gotten there that I have on the ground now. Add that giant white oak to come down
Wow, you hit the jackpot over there! I'll be burning a bunch of Cherry this Fall. Can't beat the smell of Cherry burning! ==c

Now get back to work! Hearth will still be here when you get back. :)

That Can't beat the smell of Cherry burning! ==c

Now get back to work! Hearth will still be here when you get back :)

Sadly tho only the neighborhood will most likely get get to smell the cherry burning in my smoke dragon Hardy I call "puff". hopefully some day I will be able to upgrade to a gasser.:rolleyes:

As for working my full time job affords me plenty of online time through my phone sooooo .......here I am. Been so busy over summer and I missed this place horribly. Funny how I a small fall cool front shifted me from summer camping, t ball and soccer practices, fishing and the like to all I have is thoughts of FIRE FIRE AND MORE FIRE.!!! Sawing, splitting , and stacking wood! Wasn't it Robert Duvall that said he " loves the smell of drying oak in the morning" in Apocalypse Now??? Pretty sure that's what he said.

Those are some big loads. How do you unload?

I use a cant hook.

I was expecting a picture of a crane.

Status
Not open for further replies.