Hauling Wood Out with The Rhino

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tfdchief said:
You did it again Zap, great pictures. I love the one with the deer in the backround....it doesn't get any better than that! By the way, is your ATV trailer made by Agrifab? My son works for that company and it is right here in Central IL. I am pretty sure I recognize the trailer as one of theirs.

tfdchief, it is a bush burro but we do have a smaller agrifab trailer for behind the yard tractor. The deer just came across from my neighbors property on to ours when I was unloading the rounds.

Merry Christmas
Zap

zapny said:
basswidow said:
Zap ,

I wonder why not drag those smaller trees uncut - out of the woods? I guess it's nice to be out there bucking and splitting on site?

I would be inclined to just drag those suckers down the path to my processing area. Seems like you have a never ending supply of blow downs and leaners.

Love the snow - but I bet you lose a few til spring.

Basswidow,

Last year I skid some cherry out and it worked good, the first picture with the sugar maple it would have been to hard(some twist and turns in the trail) and the cherry I hauled out in the trailer I could have skidded out.

Another reason I buck everything up on spot is I like working the different areas, today in two different areas I was lucky enough to get a quick look at the eagle. Plus the stuff I skidded out last winter was still there this fall(log length)never again.

This is the eagle that was in a tree by the brook that runs through our property in April, maybe the same guy I saw today.

Merry Christmas
Zap

OK - so you do drag some.

You are blessed - cool eagle shot! You're living right! Merry Christmas and happy 2011!

certified106 said:
Nice Haul it looks great! I wish I had spent the day hauling wood instead of 10 hours replacing the water pump in my Jeep today.
10 hours for a water pump! The manufacturers call that progress. Used to be able to do it in 1 hour with 2 wrenches and an 18'' bar.

Zap, we had our first decent snow (4-6") a couple of weeks ago. We got about an inch over the course of this last weekend. So far we're running against predictions of a warmer, drier winter. Not to say that things can't change quickly, but so far we are going against predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.