1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Have a

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DAKSY, Nov 24, 2011.

1. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Happy Turkey Day, hearth.com!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. snowleopard

snowleopard New Member

When I'm adding up the things I'm thankful for, the fine people I've found on this site will be among them.

I appreciate the advice, the support, the laughter and tears we've shared. I appreciate having had someone there in the middle of the night to talk me down off the my-gasket-has-failed-and-it's-forty-below ledge, the how-to-change-out-an-igniter-in-the-oven advice that salvaged my last Thanksgiving, the finding-tires-for-my-truck advice, the smoothing out of the learning curve of wood stoves and wood and 24/7 and heating solely with wood, the words of wisdom when we were adopted by a half-grown stray kitten last summer . . . . the list goes on.

But more than anything, I thank you all for the laughter. We all know some days (weeks, months, years) are better than others. But even the hard ones are not so hard when someone cares enough to make you smile or laugh out loud.

I know some members of this forum are facing an empty chair at the table this year. My thoughts are with those of you, and wishing you the peace and celebration that your absent loved ones would want you to have.
  3. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Have a good one all...is it too early to start drinking? :lol:
    Only kidding...it's 5 am!!!! :smirk:
  4. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Happy Thanksgiving Hearth!!!!!!

This year there is no question what Im most thankful for... the two new additions to our family celebrating the holiday with us!!!!

[​IMG]
  5. btuser

btuser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    The island of Rhum Boogie
    Every year I spend $100 on booze and food while everyone else brings potatos and veggies. Then they all go home with leftovers and we get stuck with the mess. I hate Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving.
  6. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Thanks everyone, and same to you and yours. Be safe. It is one of my favorite non-nonsense and least commercialized holidays...unless your hosting.
  7. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Hope everyone can enjoy the day truly being thankful.

pen
  8. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We'll have about 15 people here.. JH those little babies are beautiful !

Ray
  9. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Hearth.
    Dogs got me up @ 7 (it's a good thing, 'cause I really wanted to sleep in), and I'm having a nice hot cup 'o joe to start the day.
    Our son got into town about 10 last night, and we'll be having great day with him here. :coolsmile:
    He's the only one who could make it this year.
    The only things not done are the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies (need to make at least a couple extra......Grandson requested pie from Papa to be taken to him via our son), and I think that'll do it. The things we do for love, eh?
    Pies will be started late morning and the rest goes in the oven mid-afternoon. I'll coordinate the timing while the oven is already on.
    Jeremy, the little ones are gorgeous! Looks like the one on the right is planning something for the beer. :lol: Hmm, sure that's not Gamma in disguise? hehe
    DAKSY, thanks for starting this one, .......I found this thread looking for somewhere to post my own.
  10. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    You better watch out for the one on the right.....eyeing your beer while you are not looking :)
  11. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I'm also going to add a thank you to our service members that are not home for the holidays. They are not forgotten especially on this day, or any other day of the year.
  12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

zap
  13. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    +1

Ray
  14. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    + 1

I will be spending turkey day with probably 4 or 5 service members who are home. Let us not forget those who are far from their famlies on this day.
  15. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Another + 1

I'm thankful that my stepbrother got through his Iraq tour without a scratch and doesn't have to go back. Many thanks to all the vets who give so much for us asking so little in return.
  16. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Happy Thanksgiving to all here at Hearth.com. It has been a tough year for a lot of us, but thankful to be alive.
  17. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Happy turkey day, or tofurky day if that's your inclination. Thank you all for the advice and entertainment!
  18. woodchip

woodchip Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Broadstone England
    Huge +1 from here too.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody :)
  19. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    +1 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  20. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Happy plow yur face off with a drum stick day everyone !
  21. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!! Ditto Snowie's sentiments. I'm in Virginia at my counsin's. We're heading in to DC tonight with full bellies to check out memorials and monuments. THen tomorrow to the Museum of Natural History to look at dead bugs. Yippeee! Coming home on the megabus with a freezer full of venison.
  22. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    happy thanksgiving. this is a nice site, as the members are, also. to bad we can't all be at the hearth.com dinner today...
  23. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Happy Happy all......sunny and relatively mild here in the east. That's something to be thankful for!
  24. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Have a relaxing, peaceful, joyful day. Enjoy the friends & loved ones whom surround you.
    I will be enjoying the company of my parents & sister. I will be missing my son and my wife to be and my two beautiful new daughters.
    Bittersweet, but the big picture is us all together next Thanksgiving. So much to be grateful for on a daily basis.
    Enjoy my burning brethren.
  25. snowleopard

snowleopard New Member

Didn't realize that she came as a package deal. Congratulations to all involved. The step-parents I know are unsung heroes, and your life will be enriched by them as well. Good times coming!

If you've never been, consider checking out the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA. I happened to pull in to check it out on June 6th, the day that it was being dedicated. I was a little slow on the uptake as to what was going on, why there were helicopters flying around. There were old soldiers there from all over the world, some of them in uniform. Never will forget an old Scotsman I talked to who pointed to a man in a wheelchair and told me, "That man right there carried me across the beach after I'd been shot." I was able to talk to several servicemen--very moving. That memorial meant a lot to some of them--it seemed as if they were reliving the battle.