Have a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm adding up the things I'm thankful for, the fine people I've found on this site will be among them.

I appreciate the advice, the support, the laughter and tears we've shared. I appreciate having had someone there in the middle of the night to talk me down off the my-gasket-has-failed-and-it's-forty-below ledge, the how-to-change-out-an-igniter-in-the-oven advice that salvaged my last Thanksgiving, the finding-tires-for-my-truck advice, the smoothing out of the learning curve of wood stoves and wood and 24/7 and heating solely with wood, the words of wisdom when we were adopted by a half-grown stray kitten last summer . . . . the list goes on.

But more than anything, I thank you all for the laughter. We all know some days (weeks, months, years) are better than others. But even the hard ones are not so hard when someone cares enough to make you smile or laugh out loud.

I know some members of this forum are facing an empty chair at the table this year. My thoughts are with those of you, and wishing you the peace and celebration that your absent loved ones would want you to have.

Have a good one all...is it too early to start drinking? :lol:
Only kidding...it's 5 am!!!! :smirk:

Happy Thanksgiving Hearth!!!!!!

This year there is no question what Im most thankful for... the two new additions to our family celebrating the holiday with us!!!!

319102_2392159613055_1522838115_32609280_1096821895_n.jpg

Every year I spend $100 on booze and food while everyone else brings potatos and veggies. Then they all go home with leftovers and we get stuck with the mess. I hate Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks everyone, and same to you and yours. Be safe. It is one of my favorite non-nonsense and least commercialized holidays...unless your hosting.

Hope everyone can enjoy the day truly being thankful.

pen

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We'll have about 15 people here.. JH those little babies are beautiful !

Ray

Very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Hearth.
Dogs got me up @ 7 (it's a good thing, 'cause I really wanted to sleep in), and I'm having a nice hot cup 'o joe to start the day.
Our son got into town about 10 last night, and we'll be having great day with him here. :coolsmile:
He's the only one who could make it this year.
The only things not done are the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies (need to make at least a couple extra......Grandson requested pie from Papa to be taken to him via our son), and I think that'll do it. The things we do for love, eh?
Pies will be started late morning and the rest goes in the oven mid-afternoon. I'll coordinate the timing while the oven is already on.
Jeremy, the little ones are gorgeous! Looks like the one on the right is planning something for the beer. :lol: Hmm, sure that's not Gamma in disguise? hehe
DAKSY, thanks for starting this one, .......I found this thread looking for somewhere to post my own.

jharkin said:
Happy Thanksgiving Hearth!!!!!!

This year there is no question what Im most thankful for... the two new additions to our family celebrating the holiday with us!!!!

319102_2392159613055_1522838115_32609280_1096821895_n.jpg

You better watch out for the one on the right.....eyeing your beer while you are not looking :)

I'm also going to add a thank you to our service members that are not home for the holidays. They are not forgotten especially on this day, or any other day of the year.

fishingpol said:
I'm also going to add a thank you to our service members that are not home for the holidays. They are not forgotten especially on this day, or any other day of the year.

+1

Ray

fishingpol said:

+ 1

I will be spending turkey day with probably 4 or 5 service members who are home. Let us not forget those who are far from their famlies on this day.

fishingpol said:

Another + 1

I'm thankful that my stepbrother got through his Iraq tour without a scratch and doesn't have to go back. Many thanks to all the vets who give so much for us asking so little in return.

fishingpol said:

Huge +1 from here too.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody :)

fishingpol said:

+1 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!! Ditto Snowie's sentiments. I'm in Virginia at my counsin's. We're heading in to DC tonight with full bellies to check out memorials and monuments. THen tomorrow to the Museum of Natural History to look at dead bugs. Yippeee! Coming home on the megabus with a freezer full of venison.

happy thanksgiving. this is a nice site, as the members are, also. to bad we can't all be at the hearth.com dinner today...

Have a relaxing, peaceful, joyful day. Enjoy the friends & loved ones whom surround you.
I will be enjoying the company of my parents & sister. I will be missing my son and my wife to be and my two beautiful new daughters.
Bittersweet, but the big picture is us all together next Thanksgiving. So much to be grateful for on a daily basis.
Enjoy my burning brethren.

Hogwildz said:
Have a relaxing, peaceful, joyful day. Enjoy the friends & loved ones whom surround you.
I will be enjoying the company of my parents & sister. I will be missing my son and my wife to be and my two beautiful new daughters.
Bittersweet, but the big picture is us all together next Thanksgiving. So much to be grateful for on a daily basis.
Enjoy my burning brethren.

Didn't realize that she came as a package deal. Congratulations to all involved. The step-parents I know are unsung heroes, and your life will be enriched by them as well. Good times coming!

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!! Ditto Snowie's sentiments. I'm in Virginia at my counsin's. We're heading in to DC tonight with full bellies to check out memorials and monuments. THen tomorrow to the Museum of Natural History to look at dead bugs. Yippeee! Coming home on the megabus with a freezer full of venison.

If you've never been, consider checking out the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA. I happened to pull in to check it out on June 6th, the day that it was being dedicated. I was a little slow on the uptake as to what was going on, why there were helicopters flying around. There were old soldiers there from all over the world, some of them in uniform. Never will forget an old Scotsman I talked to who pointed to a man in a wheelchair and told me, "That man right there carried me across the beach after I'd been shot." I was able to talk to several servicemen--very moving. That memorial meant a lot to some of them--it seemed as if they were reliving the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.