Have a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snowleopard said:
...I know some members of this forum are facing an empty chair at the table this year. My thoughts are with those of you, and wishing you the peace and celebration that your absent loved ones would want you to have.

Thank you. It's still damned tough sometimes. Good to know there are folks who know/remember & spend a moment with it. :shut: Rick

I don't think on ever really gets over this, you just manage the pain better with time. Our hearts are there with you Rick. This Nov. has brought our family painful reminders of your loss. 3 friends have passed on this month. Last week it was my wife's best friend and a neighbor of 17 yrs. She went very quickly too and we are greatly saddened. I think of your loss often as we try to help this family and deal with our own grief. Life is a very uncertain ride. Make the best of every moment you can.

I am very grateful for Hearth.com and all the good people that hang out here. It really helps to take one's mind away from troubles of these days. Thank you all, and now get back to that turkey and stuffing.

Charley Brown is never going to kick that football.

Snoopy rocks in the kitchen....making those samiches.... :lol:

Left the neighbors with the dirty dishes, emptied the wine bottle, grabbed the bag of dark meat and up the hill we went.

Turned out to be a small family-only celebration, which worked out well. Called DD during dinner, told her what we were having, and that I bought her a pomegranate. Rated the gravy--somehow it almost always falls in my top ten. Tried baking the turkey breast-side down, didn't get done all over evenly, so hacked off the done meat and slid the rest back in the oven. Roasted the butternut squash and saved it for soup for me for later, since no one else was very interested. Enjoyed the new silverware and pie and gravy servers--sometimes it's the little things. Overcooked the green-bean casserole, but the dressing was the best I've made--thanks for the mashed potato tip. I also precooked the onion and celery for that in butter.

Pie awaits--apple and pumpkin, w/ice cream. No tv, so no football. Movie playing downstairs, I'm upstairs resting my knee before I amble down to clear the table and start the dishwasher.

Fossil, all I know Marsha by is her smile in that photo you shared, and it's incandescent. Little wonder--and fitting--that you grieve her so.

GAMMA RAY said:
Have a good one all...is it too early to start drinking? :lol:
Only kidding...it's 5 am!!!! :smirk:

Well its 5 o'clock somewhere obviously. ;-P

fossil said:
snowleopard said:
...I know some members of this forum are facing an empty chair at the table this year. My thoughts are with those of you, and wishing you the peace and celebration that your absent loved ones would want you to have.

Thank you. It's still damned tough sometimes. Good to know there are folks who know/remember & spend a moment with it. :shut: Rick

Many of us haven't forgotten our old friends . . . both friends we have met and friends we may never meet in person, friends who are here every day and friends who we seldom see or haven't seen log on for months . . . we do not forget.

I am thankful for corned beef . . . one of God's greatest gifts to us.

I ended up going to Dysarts Truck Stop with a couple of friends for a traditional Thanksgiving lunch which consisted of a corn beef melt on home-made rye bread with fresh-cut french fries and a slice of coconut cream pie.

I will admit though . . . I did this since my wife had to work Thanksgiving as she is a nurse . . . and we did have our own Thanksgiving meal (with turkey and the fixings) the night before . . . and at the last minute I invited my next door neighbor who is getting up there in years and lives alone . . . turns out he didn't have any plans for that night and wasn't going anywhere for Thanksgiving either so I was pretty happy to have him over for the good conversation and company. Honestly, this was one of my favorite Thanksgivings.

Status
Not open for further replies.