Have you bought for the season yet??? With Poll!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Where do you fit in "The when do you buy your pellets" poll

• I buy when I have room-Limited space-Don't let the stash get low= I just love buying so much I can't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated to wait this long to purchase my pellets, but I've been so busy and needed to make space in the garage that I kept putting it off. So I finally ordered and am expecting delivery of 4 tons of "Okies" Sunday morning August 29 provided they receive their own shipment of "Okies" this week. Shipment is 3 full 1.3 ton pallets and the few remaining bags loose.
They store their pellets inside and provided you give them room they will place the pellets right inside the garage, not only is my back smiling in anticpation it offered to buy me a beer. :cheese:

P.S. BTU do you think SIB Wood Pellets in Jay Maine will get his shipment this coming week?

I have 2.5 tons in now. I have another on TSC's "layaway" deal. Bought 2 tons Greene Gold @ $188 from Southern States summer sale. The TSC order is a pre season deal at $204 of Hamars. Best prices I've paid in 5 years. Have been seeing more interest in this area. Hope pellet stoves grow in this area quickly. Only one stove shop that I know of and they don't sell pellets. It's been hard in the past to find a decent selection. I've only seen Lignetics once, no Cubex, Okies, or any of the "good" brands I read about.

I just bought three tons of Western Elites.... a Douglas fir pellet made by Eureka Pellet Mills.

I've used Eureka softwoods in the past and they were pretty good. These pellets came from a new source of Douglas Fir just made available to the mill. Earth Sense, my dealer, brought some in for testing and they proved to be a good pellet...on par with Bear Mountains. I missed the Bear Mountains this year....my dealer is all out but these should be a good substitute. They expect to bring in a couple railcar loads each month so there should be an adequate supply.

I paid $238/ton.

Now I'm thinking about adding another stove to the fleet... one for my shop.

Panhandler said:
.....I have another on TSC's "layaway" deal. ......The TSC order is a pre season deal at $204 of Hamars. Best prices I've paid in 5 years........I've only seen Lignetics once, no Cubex, Okies, or any of the "good" brands I read about.

Believe me, the Hamers are included in the "good ones". That's a VERY good price for them....buy as much as you can afford/store.

I snagged 2 tons of pro pellets for 205 a ton. They will have a new shipment ready to pick up in the next week or two. I got in on the very end of the pre-buy and later in the year they will be going up to 225 a ton. I have never burned any pro pellets so I hope it works out.

4-1/2 tons left from last year and mostly Somersets a few Rocky Mountains and a couple White Lightning. Going to pick up 2 more ton of Somersets this week since the price was only $189/ton.

Bantam said:
......Going to pick up 2 more ton of Somersets this week since the price was only $189/ton.

You're quite the pellet pig, Bantam. ;-)

And that price on the Somersets is GREAT! Very good pellets. I'm VERY jealous. :long:

3 tons MWP, 3 tons NEWP, may get some MCP or other if the price is right, think I need another 2 tons.

Usually dont think about buying until Sept, until I found this website I could careless, now I stop here 5 times day , Only deals near me is Hamer's $224 in Wallingford, 30 mile drive or Okies at Squires $239 another haul.

I chose 1 although this is my first year buying it by the ton. Last winter was my first year with pellets and was mid season install so I just kept going to Lowes to get whatever they had on the floor. I bought 3 tons of the newest TreeCycle(with new bag) @ $195 delivered(central NJ)

pelletnubi said:
....I bought 3 tons of the newest TreeCycle(with new bag) @ $195 delivered(central NJ)

I hope they burn a LOT better than last winters batch...some people said they burned OK in their stoves, but in general they were NOT good....lots of clinker problems.

Hope the plant has fixed their problems. Maybe you can give the forum a "review" after burning season starts.

imacman said:
I hope they burn a LOT better than last winters batch...some people said they burned OK in their stoves, but in general they were NOT good....lots of clinker problems.

Hope the plant has fixed their problems. Maybe you can give the forum a "review" after burning season starts.

I followed the TreeCycle followup thread here about the problems it had and how they changed at the beginning of this year so I took a chance and chose to get them.

Last winter was my first pellet experience and a bag would last me 2-4 days as I only turned it on a few hours during the day. I keep my wood stove lit 24/7. I will probably run the pellets more this winter since I have them but my tests will probably mean little to those who burn a bag a day, but I will still post my results.

bought 4 tons of NEWP @ $219 a ton back in April - to be delivered in September... oh crap - I need to make sure I have the space cleared out in the basement, I only have a little over a week to get ready!

ducker said:
bought 4 tons of NEWP @ $219 a ton back in April - to be delivered in September... oh crap - I need to make sure I have the space cleared out in the basement, I only have a little over a week to get ready!

imacman and I will store them for you untill you can get ready! :) :lol: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: ;-)

j-takeman said:
imacman and I will store them for you untill you can get ready! :) :lol: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: ;-)

Yep, still have room for another ton in the pellet shed. :cheese:

Put my order in for 4 tons of Spruce Pointe, 200/CAD per Ton. Price dropped this year!

havlat24 said:
Put my order in for 4 tons of Spruce Pointe, 200/CAD per Ton. Price dropped this year!

NICE!! GREAT pellet & price! Your going to be nice & toasty this winter. :)

havlat24 said:

havlat24, If memory serves me. You were the one getting them mill direct? Nice pellet, Very consistent from year to year. Me like the sprucies!

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

me thinks this might be the Fox watching over the henhouse for safe keeping :cheese:

gbreda said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

me thinks this might be the Fox watching over the henhouse for safe keeping :cheese:

NOOOOOOOOOOO....what ever gave you THAT idea???? :cheese:

imacman said:
gbreda said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO....what ever gave you THAT idea???? :cheese:

:cheese: No fox here, Just your average pig! Oink! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
havlat24 said:

havlat24, If memory serves me. You were the one getting them mill direct? Nice pellet, Very consistent from year to year. Me like the sprucies!

You bet... the mill is across the street from the mill I work at.

3 Tons of ProPellets @ around 190 a ton
1 Ton of SOmersets @ 224 a ton

Still going to get 1 more ton of somersets and next year will be getting all somersets delivered.

Bit the bullet and purchased 4.5 tons of LG's from Woodpellets.com, a little more expensive then I was hoping but, overall a decent pellet. I had Eagle Valleys last year and loved them but was unable to find them this year. With delivery and a discout of pellet buck provided by woodpellets.com for being a repeat customer I still only paid about $50 more then purchasing a lesser pellet from Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.