Have you pulled the plug?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Have you unplugged your stove?

• No, I haven't unplugged my stove, and I don't have a surge protector.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Thunderstoms that seems to be a daily event. Hope everyone has pulled the plug on their stove, and is not depending upon the surge protector. I don't want to buy a new circuit board!

Yep..... On ALL of them ;)

I trust the surge protectors, only when I have to.... Not when I dont need to.

My surge protector protects only in heating season. My unplugged (OAK & vent capped, desiccant filled) stove would not be affected. But I wish we could have a thunderstorm. Our brown crunchy grass and withering trees & bushes would sure enjoy some wet. Forecast has nothing but triple digit temps w/ no rain for the next 10 days. Looks like last summer's Texas drought has taken over most of the country's mid-section.

yep. stove unplugged. even though the surge protector has 3300 joule capacity.

wow. now that i think of it, i should move that one in here to my pc and tv. they are one of the smaller tripplite spike cubes.

had a hit the other day. all was well. but still...

Unplugged and clean. 90°, camping, and no rain in sight.

worstwx.jpg

Unplugged.....I am already looking forward to heating season, the cozy pellet stove going and momma's food cooking in the kitchen on a cool, brisk autumn day.

Reactions: mepellet
Watch what you wish for.....have you forgotten the "winter from He** " 2 years ago???? :oops:

I remember it.... !! I used more pellets that year, than any year. . .

Although I love my stoves. After a few yrs of operation. I do kinda want Winter to wait. Its taken awhile to get here. But I enjoy Summer too...

I love my new Chainsaws and my new Zero turn. Got rid of the old 52" Cub Cadet zero turn and got a 74" deck, 33 HP, Dixie Chopper.... Love it.... Love cuttin grass again ;)

This is the time to shop around, get what you want and on terms better for you. Also to keep check on oil prices. I will be getting another100 gallons. ( still have half of the 100 gallons I bought last year). After the elections are over, the pressure to keep prices down are gone and the push for the green agenda will resurface with new strength. If you arn't a pellet pig yet. Now is the time to join.

Yep- stoves always unplugged during the off season.
IMO just asking for trouble leaving them plugged in with all the summer thunder storms.
The control boards aint cheap.

Reactions: DexterDay
It gives me great pleasure to award a fellow Maine pellet burner his oinks, folks please welcome mepellet to the Pellet Pig Club.

mepellet please add the following to your signature:

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club! OINK OINK!!

Now go out into the darkness and help spread the word of pellet hunting goodness to the world.

Welcome fellow Pellet Pig.

Now to the rest of you reading this thread, if you haven't already pulled the plug on your stove, do it, or you just might be asking a question on here in the fall that goes something like this:

Why won't my stove light? I don't have any lights on my control panel and the stove is plugged in.

Stove is unplugged. 2 ton Spruce Point in basement, 4 ton MWP in garage.

have a good surge protector as recommended here, yet the stove is unplugged.
4.5 PWI and 3 McFeeters tons outside, under tarps.

Status
Not open for further replies.