have you receved your refund or pellets from new england pellets LLC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Have you receved your refund or pellets from new england pellets LLC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this should be a more of a Survey type question so that it doesnt get off topic and making it a good reference
cut and paste below and just change your answers

I'll start with...

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- Mid APRIL
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 2 Ton
RECEIVED (Y/N) ---------------------------------- NO
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 27

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- Lots of lies and excuses

POTO said:
Maybe this should be a more of a Survey type question so that it doesnt get off topic and making it a good reference
cut and paste below and just change your answers

I'll start with...

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- Mid APRIL
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 2 Ton
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 27

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- Lots of lies and excuses

Theres always room for improvment :coolsmile:

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- Mid June
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 3 Tons
RECEIVED (Y/N) ---------------------------------- NO -
REFUND (Y/N) ------------------------------------- YES
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 21

I was out of their service area, but I purchased them via paypal online. took a while for me to get my refund.
good luck touching base with anyone ....

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- May
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 4 Ton
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 15

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- "about 2 weeks" then 1 more week, then another week and on and on and on.....

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- May 22
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 5 Tons
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 20 - including driving to the Enfield warehouse and loading a 1/2 into my minivan and freaking out my baby.

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- I've had 6 "firm" delivery dates with the last one being for October 30. Still nothing, not even a return phone call. I've sent a demand letter and filed complaints with both MA and CT Attorney General's offices. Thank God we paid with AMEX and should be able to get our money back if this guy disappears but...good luck getting pellets anywhere else at this point.

Look around, there are pellets becoming available, the worst seems to be over. Walmart, Sam's, Lowe's.

after getting the feeling my former dealer was screwing me on 6 tons, i went to lowes and got 3 tons cash and carry.its the only way to do it.

Agree, more pellets are available. The price is still too high. With crude oil down to $56 a barrel, and home heating and gas falling slowly behind, I would think that the operational cost at the pellet plant should be down, and with some time, have an impact on the cost of pellets. Pellets here are about $285 (Wal Mart) to $300 (Lowes and others) that is about a 1/3ed mark up from local sources.
I think the stage is set for a change in the price structure. In all honesty, I don't know if I would have put in the stove had I the insight to see the current situation, but for now, I can tell you we have not felt so comfortably warm since we put our furnace in and took out the wood stove in 1990. Love sitting in the family room near the fire and reading forums like this. Before, I had to have a portable electric heater pointed at me just to keep comfortable.

POTO said:
Can this and the last 3 posts be move/removed to get back to the POLL and/or SURVEY??

Where are still on target.a little chit chat never hurts

this was a very good idea for the poll wish more people would respond

iceman said:
this was a very good idea for the poll wish more people would respond

Thats what i thought

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- May
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 5 Ton
RECEIVED (Y/N) ---------------------------------- Yes
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 100+

COMMENT ------------------- I easily tried getting in touch with NEP well over 100 (possibly over 200) times, I only transacted with someone about 15 times. Only twice did they contact me, and the first was to take my order/money. As stated above, lots of lies, excuses, and empty promises. It took getting the AG, BBB, and three news stations involved, plus one very heated conversation with the owner to receive my pellets. While the $205/ton delivered price was good at the time, it certainly wasn't worth having to deal with this evasive and deceitful outfit.

kwburn said:
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/New-England-Pellet-Company-Hires-Attorney-Customer-Complaints-Continue.html

Is this a No :-/

i don't own a pellet stove but saw the article and thought i would post it.

I was told that My delivery would be here today. Guess what No delivery yet. This guy is too much, I am going to show him what to do with my 5 tons.

kwburn said:
i don't own a pellet stove but saw the article and thought i would post it.

Thank you

kwburn said:
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/New-England-Pellet-Company-Hires-Attorney-Customer-Complaints-Continue.html
What a nimrod - ignore requests for info from the AG. What a business strategy. I wonder if Jason is aware of the penalties for false filings in the state of Connecticut - the CONCORD DB at the Secretary of State's office still shows Steve Z as the owner. They're just inviting law enforcement to pile on.

he sure does have alot of names.

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- Mid MAY
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 22 Tons
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- dozens, at least

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- Gave up and cancelled the order in late September. Plenty of unreturned calls, unanswered emails, missed delivery dates, lies and excuses

ORDER DATE ............. BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER
QTY ORDERED ............ 3 TONS

Got nervous about the postings here. Requested refund almost two weeks ago. Spoke to bookkeeper yesterday (Friday - November 14th). Will take 10 days to process and print check.

Now getting nervous about receiving check.

I think he threatened me by email for "allowing" customers to post their experiences here - but honestly I could not tell because the email was incoherent and he did not identify himself, even after I requested that he do so.

If that is his communication method, I can see where the problems might be! It's always nice to actually say who you are and what you want.

Heck, you folks KNOW that if he was doing right by you he'd be getting TONS of business from referrals here.....would not be complaining then.

Well, I certainly hope everyone get's their pellets or their money back, and that this business becomes more responsive to their customers.

Webmaster said:
Heck, you folks KNOW that if he was doing right by you he'd be getting TONS of business from referrals here.....would not be complaining then.

Well, I certainly hope everyone get's their pellets or their money back, and that this business becomes more responsive to their customers.

I have come to believe the Internet and forums like this will make a good company better and bad companies go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.