have you receved your refund or pellets from new england pellets LLC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Have you receved your refund or pellets from new england pellets LLC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnywarm said:
Webmaster said:
Heck, you folks KNOW that if he was doing right by you he'd be getting TONS of business from referrals here.....would not be complaining then.

Well, I certainly hope everyone get's their pellets or their money back, and that this business becomes more responsive to their customers.

I have come to believe the Internet and forums like this will make a good company better and bad companies go away.
Just as a note, I found out about NEP through this website, I would not have found them otherwise. In fact, I'd bet the farm that a huge portion of his orders this year came from folks like myself who found NEP through this site. He probably didn't have any complaints when the orders (via Hearth) were flooding in many months ago! I find it ironic he's sending Craig emails now because he can't manage his own business. Live by the sword, die by the sword...

It's too bad their customer service is so pathetic, they clearly had the potential to have a booming (returning) business as their prices were very competitive. I guess this experience has really driven home the fact that price isn't everything.

[quote author="Wet1" date="1226944463
It's too bad their customer service is so pathetic, they clearly had the potential to have a booming (returning) business as their prices were very competitive. I guess this experience has really driven home the fact that price isn't everything.[/quote]

I found them and called them when i seen the billboard down the road.

YES- well sortof-- Ordered 3 tons @$250/ton in late July- Was delivered one ton in OCT-- Got refund for 2 of them (still paid for delivery of all 3 however) back to credit card in NOV when I realized angry customers posting on hearth.com + empty promises + office staff confusion = high potential for company going under and stiffing customers on balance of orders- Paid $250 plus $85 for delivery of 1 ton of pellets..

I had posted eariler that my delivery was scheduled for Friday, it did not happen. I called all weekend looking for a response. After being forced into a corner by lack of respose to voicemail and email I have filed a complaint with the States attorneys Office. They were very nice on the phone and explained that they are persuing a large volume of complaints against NEPLLC. However thet did indicate that New england Pellets contiues to fill the back orders.

johnnywarm said:
It's too bad their customer service is so pathetic, they clearly had the potential to have a booming (returning) business as their prices were very competitive. I guess this experience has really driven home the fact that price isn't everything.

I found them and called them when i seen the billboard down the road.[/quote]

this guy had a billboard in ct advertising?!?!?!?!?!?!?
if so thats prolly where he went wrong i can only imagine how many orders he got if he was advertising like that

iceman said:
johnnywarm said:

I found them and called them when i seen the billboard down the road.

this guy had a billboard in ct advertising?!?!?!?!?!?!?
if so thats prolly where he went wrong i can only imagine how many orders he got if he was advertising like that[/quote]

You are quoting the wrong quote with my name on the top.stop trying to sway the truth.my quote STARTS WITH ""i found ""

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- May 05
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 4 Ton (NEWP Premium)
RECEIVED (Y/N) ---------------------------------- Partial (2/4)
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- 12

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)------------------- Phone calls did nothing. When I went down there IN PERSON, it made all of the difference. They confessed to me that they lost several of the Paypal orders. I produced the hard copy of the order, they promised a 2-ton partial delivery in 2nd week of nov. They delivered on 03 nov. Fortunately I had 1/2 a ton left over from last season. Note they looked VERY disorganized. Good luck, everyone!

LT said:
They confessed to me that they lost several of the Paypal orders. I produced the hard copy of the order,

Is this a new excuse? I hadnt heard that one. I would assume they could just look at their online Paypal History to find the orders they "Lost"

I just called their number again @ 860-331-3437, the message states they have no pellets and will not be makeing delivery for a least a week. I have heard every excuse from these crooks. They stole $1350.00 from me and they will not return calls. They feel if the leave a lame ass message on their phone they are covered. All should be warned, make sure you know who they are going to supply, they are looking for distributers. I will be watching and if i find out who they use for distribution i will post it as well. I will not do business with anyone they supply. I wonder if they think that their new customers are going to be any differnt than the ones they have already screwed over?

i just went by there on my way to my mothers.it looks like they have 50 to 80 tons on hand.

Deer season is here (in NY - don't know about other states) and many if not all sawmills are on shut down. Holiday shut downs are next. Lumber orders have become small ,sporadic, and selective (focusing on high grade only) in the last week or so. In a week or 2 raw product will be non existent. The lower price of diesel will not stimulate lumber markets and raw product. This is about the 3rd post I have made regarding this matter. If you are relying on pellets to heat your home this winter better get them soon.

FredJ said:
LT said:
They confessed to me that they lost several of the Paypal orders. I produced the hard copy of the order,

Is this a new excuse? I hadnt heard that one. I would assume they could just look at their online Paypal History to find the orders they "Lost"

Yes, one would think... but it appeared to me that everything they were doing was manual. They burned a copy of my paypal receipt, and put in a stack of about 20 receipts, I assume bound for my town.

It's worth a trip during your lunch hour... you can at least figure out where you are in the system.

Any word on action from the AG's office? I imagine tempers are getting pretty short as the evenings dip into the teens.

LT

ORDER DATE --------------------------------------- End of June
CREDIT CARD CHARGED-------------------------- Last week of July
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------- 2 Tons
RECEIVED (Y/N) ----------------------------------- NO
REFUND (Y/N) -------------------------------------- YES
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR Pellets/refund- 6

COMMENT - Impossible to limit to one sentence! Had to go to the office in person TWICE to receive a refund CHECK because they were unable to refund my credit card because they no longer deal with the credit card we used to orignally place the order (a lot happens in 3 1/2 months!). Then had to worry for the next week and a half for the check to clear!

I appreciate this thread being here, because it teaches me to never order for later delivery, especially from a non-local company. This will be true unless some top-shelf, dependable and proven national or regional supplier eventually emerges. I am very fortunate; I bought my pellets from a local hardware chain (I think in June) who had many tons on hand about 1.5 hours away, and they were delivered the next day or so. I paid a little more (and people criticized me for it) - I paid $265 plus $60 for delivery, so $325 total per ton. But my cellar is full and I am all set for the season.

The disorganization and incoherence of NEP mentioned in this thread probably explains a lot of the problem. Running a big endeavor like distributing lots of important orders, on time, takes lots of organizational skills, and not everyone has that.

newpelletstove said:
The disorganization and incoherence of NEP mentioned in this thread probably explains a lot of the problem. Running a big endeavor like distributing lots of important orders, on time, takes lots of organizational skills, and not everyone has that.

I think you are on to something here. I think it's a similar situation to my aunt Edna, who got into credit trouble and stopped answering the phone.

When I was in their office, it looked like they were making a good faith effort, however have bitten off way more than they can chew, evidenced by lots of handwritten pieces of scrap paper, piles of crumpled orders, etc. I don't know why they are telling the Attorney General to go fly a kite. Richard Blumenthal is no one to mess with.

I'm going to call NEWP in Jaffrey and see if they have any advice. I'll post what they say.

LT

I have Spoken to the distributor New England wood pellet. They were very nice and actually return my call. They have no control over this distributor , however she told me that he had received his allotment of pellets. They offered him a substitute brand but he refused. He has apparently oversold what he does not have.

My letter to the States attorney should be arriving today. After speaking to the states attorneys office again I decided my only hope was in their hands. Apparently he is not co-operating with them. At this point based on this company's actions I for one think an arrest warrant should be issues for fraud. I hope the states attorneys office decides his actions now appear to be more than just a simple mistake. I have called NEPLLC four times since yesterday, i have email as many. Their refusal to communicate with customer's would lead me to believe this is a criminal action on this company's management and staff.

ORDER DATE -------------------------------------- April 2008
QTY ORDERED ------------------------------------ 3 tons
RECEIVED (Y/N) ---------------------------------- Yes, finally
APX NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR THEM --------- probably about 10

COMMENT (limit to 1 sentance)-------------------Frankly, I'm shocked I actually got my pellets. Like everyone else, I contacted them many times to no avail. I contacted the Jaffrey plant and the next day I heard from Steve at NEPLLC saying he'd deliver that week. It being WED. I did not believe it. But he showed up on Sat. This was Oct. I think.

I'm so relieved I got my pellets especially seeing how it appears to just be getting worse and worse with them.

I am so humbled and feel like a damn fool for ordering from these crooks that, like Wet1 said, I learned about here when most folks hadn't ordered from them before. Being a guinnea pig for these crooks was a bad idea. I feel extremely lucky (and luck is all it is) that I got my pellets. Like others have said, $205/ton (no delivery fee) is a great price but is ABSOLUTELY not worth all this aggravation.

Next season I'll be buying local, even if it costs more.

Sorry that's more than 1 sentence!

cmsbruce said:
I hope the states attorneys office decides his actions now appear to be more than just a simple mistake. I have called NEPLLC four times since yesterday, i have email as many. Their refusal to communicate with customer's would lead me to believe this is a criminal action on this company's management and staff.

I agree. I'm not invloved in this as i never ordered pellets from this company, but i have been following the problems customers are having. I have to say this company is way beyond even "gross negligence", and has long ago ventured waaaaaaaaay into "intent to defraud" territory !!!

Wet1 said:
Wasn't someone saying this guy is an ex cop?!?!? Oh the irony! :)

Nooooo, not Steve Z. The ex-cop is Rick, who was a partner (I guess) when they started this venture. I've spoken with Rick twice throughout this ordeal (once when I placed my order, and once when I was on the bandwagon trying to *get* my order). He does seem like an honorable up-front guy. He parted ways with Steve pretty quickly once they started working together. I"m not at liberty to talk about everything he told me, but his leaving the partnership obviously caused some of the problems with delivery, because he was supposed to be handling orders in my area (MA). I don't blame Rick one bit for leaving!!! Steve could not handle the workload, however, that ensued when Rick left. Rick said he offered numerous times to help Steve deliver even though he was out of the partnership but Steve said Nope I'll do it. Yet another way in which Steve bit himself in his own arse.

If Rick were to start a pellet business next year I would def. buy from him, but if he does, I don't think he will deliver to my area.

Wet1 said:

Where did you hear this

johnnywarm said:
Wet1 said:

Where did you hear this

Originally I think iceman mentioned that Rick's an ex-cop (NOT Steve). When I spoke with Rick, he mentioned it to me too.

requin said:
Wet1 said:

Nooooo, not Steve Z. The ex-cop is Rick, who was a partner (I guess) when they started this venture.

This would certainly explain the inaction on the part of the State (A.G.).

Ductape said:
requin said:
Wet1 said:
This would certainly explain the inaction on the part of the State (A.G.).

If he can only get his face on camera once you will see a cool down from him(the AG)his office will put some pressure on the company and you need to wait and see.

Ive heard the owner is a prison guard. now is this Steve the owner or is Rick???

Status
Not open for further replies.