Having a little trouble with the old buck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osagebndr

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2014
Central Indiana
I'm having a little problem keeping the reg. buck I'm burning going hot enough for the fan to stay on. The wood is 18-20% and I'm trying not to chock it down a lot, but if I don't I'm losing a lot of heat up the flue . I had this figured out pretty good last winter tho it took awhile but I'm thinking maybe outside temps or something. Any thoughts would be gladly appreciated

Maybe you're not getting a good enough bed of coals going. With my buck, I found that there needed to be a good hot bed in the back before the blower would engage.

The fan being thermostatically controlled, will cycle on and off depending on the temperature it senses. I use pine this time of year for a short hot fire. The fan comes on after significant heating. It then cylces on and off when cooling down.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Appreciate it, had to put the summit install off til the beginning if dec. so gotta make it another month with the ol' girl

Status
Not open for further replies.