Having the time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, for me its that time of the year again, gearing up for a month long wood processing ordeal. I have a bunch of hardwoods that I ahve been meaning to clean up, some have been down for a year and others are leaning. Had to wait until now in order to get around on my property with the ATV to get to them, been too much snow. Family happeniings will keep me from doing anything this coming weekend btu the following weekend is mine! Hopefully I will have all of my wood bucked, split and stacked by end of May

Hey, I was finally able to split some wood today. It's been buried in the snow, but we finally melted most of it. I hope to have it done by mid April.

Yep, it was 60 today here in Western New York so I split about a face cord after work, only had about 45 minutes.

Got the taste back, and man did my little Ryobi electric wood splitter impress me! I have to rent a nice John Deere splitter soon for about 80 dollars for the day, this will allow me to finish all the wood at my Grandma's house and the big rounds at my house. Someday I will find a nice wood splitter used and probably break down and buy it, too big for my little 1.5 acre yard, my Ryobi works good enough for now :)

I should have about 10 face cords for this years Fall burning which is a good start, I will probably knock down a tree or two at my Dad's cabin this late spring early summer for the late winter burns. Just about ran out of seasoned wood this year, didn't spend a dime this year, sweet

I have next winters wood for the garage stove all cut, split and stacked. Now I have to look for some wood to get drying for the next winter. I like to have my wood at least 1&1;/2 years old.

I also have to get a coal bin built and 4 tons of pea coal delivered for the house for next winter. :coolsmile:

JFK said:
Yep, it was 60 today here in Western New York so I split about a face cord after work, only had about 45 minutes.

Got the taste back, and man did my little Ryobi electric wood splitter impress me! I have to rent a nice John Deere splitter soon for about 80 dollars for the day, this will allow me to finish all the wood at my Grandma's house and the big rounds at my house. Someday I will find a nice wood splitter used and probably break down and buy it, too big for my little 1.5 acre yard, my Ryobi works good enough for now :)

I should have about 10 face cords for this years Fall burning which is a good start, I will probably knock down a tree or two at my Dad's cabin this late spring early summer for the late winter burns. Just about ran out of seasoned wood this year, didn't spend a dime this year, sweet
Well, I don't know where in NY you are, but right down the road is a nice used one, twin to the one I just got. 25 ton, 8hp Honda engine, $550. I ran it and split with it, works fine.

It's south of Oneonta and Cooperstown, southeast of Syracuse.

Hamden is a ways from Buffalo. Hamden is right around the corner from Downsville though.....not that that has anything to do with you. Just wishing I was there!

brooktrout said:
JFK said:

Well, I don't know where in NY you are, but right down the road is a nice used one, twin to the one I just got. 25 ton, 8hp Honda engine, $550. I ran it and split with it, works fine.
I don't know if he wants it or not, but I do. I'm also in western N.Y. Will you email me and give me more details, where it is, contact info. etc.?
Thanks

No I do and I am gonna be down there this weekend!

snydley said:
brooktrout said:
JFK said:

I don't know if he wants it or not, but I do. I'm also in western N.Y. Will you email me and give me more details, where it is, contact info. etc.?
Thanks

I will let you and Adirondack fight over this one, after just buying a New Avalon Olympic Stove on Monday I am not ready to spend any more cash. my little Ryobi will do just fine for a while

JFK said:
snydley said:
brooktrout said:
JFK said:

Thanks

I will let you and Adirondack fight over this one, after just buying a New Avalon Olympic Stove on Monday I am not ready to spend any more cash. my little Ryobi will do just fine for a while

No fightin' necessary, if he wants it, fine, but if he's not interested in it I am.
Thanks

I was just foolin..Look at my signature, already have a 31 ton that I got off a buddy of mine for $350!

Adirondackwoodburner said:
I was just foolin..Look at my signature, already have a 31 ton that I got off a buddy of mine for $350!
So you don't need the 25 ton 8hp Honda splitter that brooktrout was talking about? Hey brooktrout, send me the contact info. on that woodsplitter will 'ya?
If Adirondack doesn't want it, I do.
Thanks,

na man, I was just busting on you. That sounds like a pretty good deal if it isnt beat up. I mean, you can goto Tractor Supply and buy a brand new 22 ton for under $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.