Having trouble installing smoke pipe for Jotul F 100 Nordic qt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyD

Nov 22, 2010
eastern NH
Hey there, this is my first post here, very helpful site. Hopeing someone out there has the answer I need. I'm installing a Jotul f100 (that I bought second-hand a couple years ago) in my cabin in NH. I installed a Selkirk Metalbestos chimney last week and it went great. I'm working on hooking up the smoke pipe (single wall 24ga standard issue) The only problem I have is the collar on the stove itself is too small to accept the 6inch pipe. The pipe will fit over the collar (a little loosly) but not inside as I've always thought it should because of the flow of creosote etc. 6inch is what the stove and specs call for and the collar is too big for 5inch anyway. Collar measures 5 1/4 inside dia and 5 3/4 outside. I've been looking online for parts, pics, or others with the same problem but have found nothing. Is there an adapter I should know about? Am I just supposed to put it over the collar?? Custom make one??? Thank you in advance for all your help, I need it, its getting cold here. -J

There is an adapter should be with the stove. That model is also sold in Europe that is the pipe they use over there. If they didnt sell it with the stove im sure a local dealer could order you one from the factory.

I agree with jotulguy. Jotul website has exploded view and parts list with different sized collars. Pretty sure it will have to be a dealer-ordered part.

Status
Not open for further replies.