HD lowes pellet policies??.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
What is the policy for LOWES and HOME DEPOT on pellets???

--I went to Home Depot and they said NO military discount...... should i push it or is it the actual policy??

--Does Home Depot have a delivery limit?

--Lowes said they would deliver 2 pallets only and no more is this true or bs?

--Does Lowes offer the military discount?

Thanks ! !

I know some places are now limiting the number of pallets that you can order. This isn't a delivery restriction so much as a supply constraint. There is a fairly good pellet shortage going on at this point. I don't know about the military discount.

I suspect its very much YMMV ( your mileage may vary ) depending on the specific store as well as the specific person working as far as discounts go.

Reactions: yrock87

--I went to Home Depot and they said NO military discount...... should i push it or is it the actual policy??

Thanks ! !

Saw a sign at Lowes in Seekonk MA saying there is a 2 ton limit per address.
Didn't see a single bag of pellets though.

Saw a sign at Lowes in Seekonk MA saying there is a 2 ton limit per address.
Didn't see a single bag of pellets though.

I JusT Purchased 5 Tons From Home Depot And Had Them Delivered As Far As Discount I Am Not Sure

Thanks ! !

I purchased at Lowes in Auburn back in September. At the time they would deliver no less than 3 tons for free if you were within 25 miles, $65 flat charge for 1 or 2 tons. They may have changed thier policy. Lowes did provide a military discount with showing my DD214 only. HD in Auburn had the $65 flat delivery fee no matter the amount purchased and would not honar military discount for DD214, only military photo id.

The Lowes 2 ton limit is displayed on their web site as well. Just showed up there a couple days ago. "Limit 100 bags per customer"

They seem to be all over the place.......

They sure are. Don't suppose the limits really matter much these days anyway. The way Lowes and TSC keep raising their prices, they will soon (if not already) reach the limit of what folks are willing to pay, and then they will be sitting on inventory they can't get rid of. It will work out fine in the end, sure there will be plenty of post heating season sales for shoppers to take advantage of.

From what I understand HD has severely restricted military and veteran discounts. BOOOO! :mad: They might offer it to retired from the military vets still and current active duty only. Lowe's ==c gives 10% to ALL military and vets even on top of other discounts. My stores do ask for an ID proof. If you have an ID that should suffice. Your DD214 definitely will. Do you have a VA ID? Those work here as well. Once HD started revoking military and veteran discounts I started frequenting Lowe's.

There was no limit on tons here in KY other than what I could peel out of my checking account. Delivery was $69 for as many tons as you want. I had 7 tons brought. Easier and cheaper and I can haul 8-10 tons myself in one trip not over loaded. That cost time and money too though in diesel and so on. Having them piggy back tow motor them right to where they live was worth the $69 bucks alone. Only time I'll touch them is dumping them into the hopper. I got a ton of Somersets for $224 per after my 10% discount saving $25 per ton or saving $175 total which almost buys another ton. Use that discount! You earned it.

Yeah I have a whole new appreciation of Lowe's lately because of that discount. Didn't even know they did that but the guy saw the VA ID in my wallet when I was taking out my credit card and he applied the discount.

When he did it I asked if it applied to pellets too. He said it applies to pretty much everything in the place.

Reactions: bags
Yeah I have a whole new appreciation of Lowe's lately because of that discount. Didn't even know they did that but the guy saw the VA ID in my wallet when I was taking out my credit card and he applied the discount.

When he did it I asked if it applied to pellets too. He said it applies to pretty much everything in the place.
This is great to hear. And I have to say it. Thank you and everyone else who has served our country.

Reactions: bags
Lowes is far more liberal with their discount policy. The 10% off coupon codes you can usually reuse the codes on and can change the codes by a few digits and they will work online.

Local Lowes and HD all have 2 ton limits. (Fishkill NY HD , Brewster, NY HD , Danbury CT Lowes)

My local HD and Lowe's both honor 10% off coupons on pellets. So if anyone still needs to buy, do yourself a favor and google "lowe's printable coupons". You can buy them very cheaply from lots of different places. HD has much less available but will honor the Lowe's coupon so it doesn't really matter.

HD has much less available but will honor the Lowe's coupon so it doesn't really matter.

It depends upon the Home Depot. My local HD won't give more than $50.00 off of the 10% off Lowes coupon, and I bought 7 ton!

It depends upon the Home Depot. My local HD won't give more than $50.00 off of the 10% off Lowes coupon, and I bought 7 ton!
Sorry, you are correct. They told me that too, but I was only grabbing 1/2 ton so I got full discount.
I found this year, buying in smaller quantities allows me to get discounts they won't give on bigger volume (opposite of normal!). Example: at Lowe's, I used $10 off $50 coupons a bunch of times, and just made each order as little over $50 as possible (9 or 10 bags) so that it was a 20% discount each time (or very close). Their ton discount was only 4% and that was only on the cheap pellets, not the GTP's that I was buying.
If you get creative, you can definitely save some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.