HD/Nature's Earth Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
$247 a ton in Bellingham Ma today, bought a bag to try, softwood, very small diameter pellets....Wife was ready to call the fire dept when I opened the stove and threw a VERY small handful in...WOW these things burn sweet. Huge flame compared to these JUNK Inferno pellets. Next year it's softwood ALL THE WAY.

Salty said:
.......compared to these JUNK Inferno pellets.......

You found out about those the hard way too, eh? They are THE worst pellets I ever bought/burned. :sick:

yea and i'm going to be stuck with them now. The dealer told me that inferno would stand behind them but I started thinking about it a while ago and since the dealer didn't deliver them his brother in law did and I paid him to deliver them, then that means I'd pay for delivery again, and still have to get 5 tons out of my basement by hand. sure as I roll my eyes.

I'm going to call this inferno guy tomorrow morning and see what he has to say. If you saw the difference in flame from these nature's earth to the inferno's you would be shocked it's that much. 1-2" flame on setting 4 with the infernos, 10-12" flame right through the tubes on the Nature's Earth pellets. HUGE difference.

See what this guy says tomorrow but I'm going to hd and grab a ton or so in the van and start mixing this stuff for now.

Salty said:
yea and i'm going to be stuck with them now. The dealer told me that inferno would stand behind them but I started thinking about it a while ago and since the dealer didn't deliver them his brother in law did and I paid him to deliver them, then that means I'd pay for delivery again, and still have to get 5 tons out of my basement by hand. sure as I roll my eyes.

I'm going to call this inferno guy tomorrow morning and see what he has to say. If you saw the difference in flame from these nature's earth to the inferno's you would be shocked it's that much. 1-2" flame on setting 4 with the infernos, 10-12" flame right through the tubes on the Nature's Earth pellets. HUGE difference.

See what this guy says tomorrow but I'm going to hd and grab a ton or so in the van and start mixing this stuff for now.

Well, Worst case is to mix them in with some good ones. The ash isn't as bad as the Mainewoods from the past. So you could go 50/50 with some good ones. At least you will get some heat from them that way.

I wish you much luck!
jay

WOW is all I can say about these Nature's Earth. Stove is fully running on them now and those things heat. House is 74 this morning and the flame is big enough to light the entire downstairs of my colonial. Like we had last year with the Warm Fronts...

No ash on the pipes this morning. Very clean burn. Can't leave your hand on the top of the stove again...definite decent pellet. Did not find any fines in the bag either last night.

Man I been hanging around here too long I'm all excited about a bag of pellets :)

Salty said:
Man I been hanging around here too long I'm all excited about a bag of pellets :)

Sounds like you caught the bug! :lol:

Please keep us posted on the mix ratio to get them to burn decent.

100 % :cheese: :cheese:

I really wonder if this Nature's Earth are the SAME as the Winter Warmth that my local HD has currently.
As I stated on a thread about the Winter Warmth, these pellets burn HOT and are very small in diameter. The guy that arranges the delivery schedules for the store told me the company he talked to was "Hamer" out of Virginia.

I think those brands are the same maybe, however I didn't know they ever sell softwoods in HD, and I think the Hamer (if in fact the Winter Warmth are Hamer) are always hardwood.

jtakeman said:
Salty said:

Well, Worst case is to mix them in with some good ones. The ash isn't as bad as the Mainewoods from the past. So you could go 50/50 with some good ones. At least you will get some heat from them that way.

I wish you much luck!
jay

I agree with Jay, mix them 50/50 with something decent

These guys are out of Alabama according to their website so I don't think it's the same.

geek said:
I really wonder if this Nature's Earth are the SAME as the Winter Warmth that my local HD has currently.
As I stated on a thread about the Winter Warmth, these pellets burn HOT and are very small in diameter. The guy that arranges the delivery schedules for the store told me the company he talked to was "Hamer" out of Virginia.

I think those brands are the same maybe, however I didn't know they ever sell softwoods in HD, and I think the Hamer (if in fact the Winter Warmth are Hamer) are always hardwood.

I've burned 8 bags of HD natures heat out of Virginia and they a pretty good pellets.
Burns really hot with a little ash but I found the fines to be pretty high.
I'd buy them again.

I could be wrong, but isn't the Nature's Earth the company name, and the name of the pellets they sell are called "Freedom Fuel" ?

macman you are correct I was reading the company name off the bag.

I too was caught with these pellets . Pretty bad, but still better than maine woods!
Have tried a couple brands from HD, all were substandard.

I will say on maine woods pellets behalf, that they are good for traction in the trunk of car in icy conditions,
while I go pick up some other GOOD pellets !

geek said:

geek,

See this post

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/45578/

Maybe these are the sister to your winter warm pellets?

Oh boy, yet another brand to keep any eye out for! :roll:

jay

jay,

now that mention the Winter Warmth, I went to HD last night to get another bag (just to try again and maybe purchased half a ton) and they do not have the Winter Warmth any longer....darn....

All they had was Nature's Heat, which I saw a couple open bags and didn't like them, they smell bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.