Headline reads "wood stove explodes"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the door was open and sparks flew out the door? I've had them pop and send a few embers out.

Matt

Sounds like he was re-starting the fire with gasoline. After some beers of course! :lol:

On the arboristsite I've read a couple of report's of OWB getting an explosion like back draft. Sounds pretty dangerous the way they explain it.

It is impossible to do anything but speculate, given the vague nature of the report, but barrel stoves burning sawdust are popular in some areas, and they most certainly can explode, actually blowing the stove apart.

Mark

"Being a bit bleary eyed at 2 AM and needing to reload the stove due to the extreme cold of the overnight, the sleepy wood stove operator did not realize those were not the 1 1/2" maple rounds he had brought in that evening but instead were the dynamite sticks he had brought home from his job at the quarry earlier in the day."

maybe it was a flatlander cleaning his rifle with the clip sitting on the stove top!!!! i've seen it before. luckily there was a chuck there to save the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.