Heads are going to roll

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
Since the kids did not have school today I though I could sleep in as my wife did not have to go to wrok early.......soooooooooooo............I the n awake to the horror of every dedicated wood burner that.....................gasp....................................noooooooooooooooooooo.................my wife had turned on the furnace to take the chill off..............what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............oh man did we have a short talk.

We are in the inbetween temps for burning a little to keep the house warm..above 70 degree range to her likes. So last night it was 73 in the house and I had no fire last night and this morning it was 68 in the house.

Are we talking divorce measures :ahhh: for her to take such drastic measures as to turn the furnace on :ahhh:

No divorce. Just use the rule of thumb when getting your stick. JUST KIDDING

Put a lockable cover over the t stat, end of problem. Prolly start of another though. ;)

Considering the t stat cover is usually at least a couple inches bigger then the t stat all around it, not much.
My bet is the ice starts to melt and slides off the cover before it has any effect on the t stat. Nice try troll.

Caveman no like trolls, only big fires, big steak, and remote

Caveman hopes to meet troll some day, and show troll the errors of its ways.
But for now, ignore will have to do.

Attachments

• dnftt.jpg
    dnftt.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 487
If not a troll, maybe a backwards 'drone'? :coolsmirk:

Webmaster said:
He ain't no troll - he's from Maine - they are all like that up there (except for the city folks who moved in from southern places)

HAHAHA, well until I can "discuss" his behavior with him in person, he's el ingoro'd. Great feature Craig, now I can avoid what prolly got me close to being banned when I first arrived here last year. I still feel this need for a more Neanderthal like solution, but ingnore will do.

Sooner or later, as all trolls do, it will hang itself. I lavish in the thought ;)
I met a woman from Maine, and she was actually quite cool, Of course she moved to South Carolina, maybe she became normal after moving south ;)

Foolish man to argue with wifey. Wind up sleeping
on couchy. :lol:
Seriously though. Ya shoulda got yer a$$ outa bed and lit the stove and then
she wouldn't have had to take drastic measures.

LOL, better yet, teach her how to load the stove. Mine loads it ok, but doesn't understand how to let it get burning good, THEN TURN IT DOWN!!!!.
I banned her from it. ;)

I've unplugged the furnace (saves $6 per year) and DW doesn't know where the plug is. But it doesn't matter 'cause I have her well trained.

I actually run the furnace about 5 minutes per month so it won't rust or whatever.

Metal said:
I have always heard that if you don't keep your spouse warm, someone else will.

Is that all it takes to get rid of her? :)

She is knowledgeable of both fireplace and stove operation. She just does not do so well on starting the fires.

I will do my best to keep her warm ;-)

I married the daughter of a stove guy, no troubles with her starting fires (when we had wood stove) and she definately isn't about to turn on the baseboards. We have the pellet stove now so it's a little more convenient.

LOL Mike, I am still waiting on Corey to design a wood burner that ya push a button and it feeds splits.

I'll give a free cord of dry oak to the first person to take my OL and her kids off my hands ;)

Hogwildz said:
LOL Mike, I am still waiting on Corey to design a wood burner that ya push a button and it feeds splits.

I'll give a free cord of dry oak to the first person to take my OL and her kids off my hands ;)

lol hog" dont give him any ideas, i hate to see the auger motor it would take to feed splits, probably have to be at least a smallblock

stoveguy2esw said:
Hogwildz said:

lol hog" dont give him any ideas, i hate to see the auger motor it would take to feed splits, probably have to be at least a smallblock

I have a few plans already laid out in my head man LOL. The auger & storage bin are outside fed into and down a chute into the stove LMAO.
Of course the thing would proly cost about 6k for starters ;)
I am still waiting on like a 5 cf firebox model ;)

Hogwildz said:
stoveguy2esw said:
Hogwildz said:

I have a few plans already laid out in my head man LOL. The auger & storage bin are outside fed into and down a chute into the stove LMAO.
Of course the thing would proly cost about 6k for starters ;)
I am still waiting on like a 5 cf firebox model ;)

five? FIVE!!!??? dang , you live too close to uranium to be allowed to make that much heat LMAO!

good thread though really,

Ive heard yall call it the 'shoulder" season I think?

Its too warm to build a fire, but too cool to NOT cycle the central heat a few times per day.

at least there isnt ice on the roof so I can go and inspect the chimney before commencing to consume wood in the next few coming days.

come on colder weather...............

Jimbob said:
Hogwildz said:

A cord of SEASONED OAK !!!Does that include delivery????
:lol:

Hmmmm, if thats what it takes, it could be arranged ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.