Heads up! Canadian Softwood Pellets Closeouts at Pellets Direct for good price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdawg

Nov 3, 2011
Central, MA
In case anyone's in need of pellets in the Central Mass area, Pellets Direct in Uxbridge is running a closeout sale on some Canadian softwood pellets normally at $279 now cash/carry $225/ton. I spoke to the owner and he said the heat output is good but it's more ashy then he would like to see so he's just blowing them out for that price. I only have eyes for Barefoots so if anyone tries them and likes them, please post the results. It's a great price.

I'm going there tomorrow to pick up more pellets. Will report back about the brands.

Are the Spruce Pointes and Uncle Jed's the same pellet? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that they were.

Outerlimits said:
Are the Spruce Pointes and Uncle Jed's the same pellet? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that they were.

No, The Uncle Jeds are the same as Dragon Mountain(which is made by Pinnacle) that we used to get around here. But they do both come from BC and they are pretty darn close. I doubt many could tell the difference from them. Both get there fiber from mills that make 2 bye's for the housing/building trades. Both are made from SPF as well.

http://pelletsdirect.com/pricing.htm

Canadian Softwood Closeout
Brands may vary on this Closeout Item $150.00**
(by the ton only)

They are offering some good cash & carry deals to try before you buy!

Tony K said:

(by the ton only)

Shucks.... by the ton only.... I am heading down to the area for tomorrow and would have swung in to get 10 or so bags but can't do a ton for sure....

mepellet said:
Tony K said:

(by the ton only)

Shucks.... by the ton only.... I am heading down to the area for tomorrow and would have swung in to get 10 or so bags but can't do a ton for sure....

I tried calling to verify the brand but they won't give it to me. He did say that they produce very good heat but lots of ash. The price is great though. Too bad only by the ton otherwise I would definitely try some bags.

j-takeman said:
The Uncle Jeds are the same as Dragon Mountain(which is made by Pinnacle) that we used to get around here.

Now we get them all. :cheese:

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
The Uncle Jeds are the same as Dragon Mountain(which is made by Pinnacle) that we used to get around here.

Now we get them all. :cheese:

Ouch, kick us when were down even!

Don't matter, I'm to cheap to buy the good stuff! Unless I trip over a sweet deal! sigh~

OMV, I tried asking but he said he's not allowed to say. These canadian softwoods are supposedly the sister pellet to another super premium canadian softwood produced by the same company. The company doesn't want the two associated with each other and I guess by saying the name he said people would know off the bat what the super premium is, I guess kind of like Hamer's rebagging as HH. The price is great though but he said lots of ash and because of the high ash, they are trying to move it faster. He said he won't bring them back again so I'm assuming it's not the best. I think I'll just wait til the spring to pick up more. Hopefully with the warm winter so far there'll be a lot of inventory left. I'm holding out for a ton or two of the new Okies douglas firs.

If someone was to post a picture of the bag, We'd know what they are. ;-)

I wanna guess westwood. :cheese:

For $150 a ton, I would buy atleast one ton. Even if they are not that great, you could always mix them with something better. They could also be a shoulder season pellet. I am cheap, so I would buy. Could be a way to pad the stash cheaply.

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

hopefully hotdawg has the capacity to post one when he gets there in real time

Count me out. I don't have the space for another ton. I'm waiting for the big spring sale and have to use up some of my current stash. Waiting for the douglas firs to come this way. When I was there the last time, I tried to look for these mystery pellets but couldn't find them. This dealer keeps everything pretty tightly wrapped and there's no partial pellets of this brand sitting around for a photo-op. However, if they decide to knock some more money off a ton then I might be tempted to find the space for a cheap ton. Maybe I'll send the wife in to sweet talk her way into some info for us. Stay tuned....Operation Name That Pellet....will commence tomorrow. Just need to figure out a way to get her there....

hotdawg said:
oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

hopefully hotdawg has the capacity to post one when he gets there in real time

Count me out. I don't have the space for another ton. I'm waiting for the big spring sale and have to use up some of my current stash. Waiting for the douglas firs to come this way. When I was there the last time, I tried to look for these mystery pellets but couldn't find them. This dealer keeps everything pretty tightly wrapped and there's no partial pellets of this brand sitting around for a photo-op. However, if they decide to knock some more money off a ton then I might be tempted to find the space for a cheap ton. Maybe I'll send the wife in to sweet talk her way into some info for us. Stay tuned....Operation Name That Pellet....will commence tomorrow. Just need to figure out a way to get her there....

Nothing quite like a pellet "special -Ops" mission.....we should ask if SEAL team 6 is willing to storm the place and take pellet prisoners! :p

IDquote author="j-takeman" date="1328335673"]Anyone wanna volenteer? We need a spy! :cheese:[/quote] Maybe....I dunno??!! BTW....I DID grow up in Uxbridge, and know exactly where they are......also every cart road, deer path and swamp trail surrounding the giant stash of pellets!! :) I can't this weekend due to other pre-planned pellet- hoarding activities. Stay tuned later this weekend for more pellet score pix!! :cheese:

oldmountvernon said:
Branson sent you a PM

Branson, I'd be careful of OMV. He'll lure you into into a view of your stash. Then sneak them away once your not looking!

Just poke him with a stick to shoe him away! :cheese:

Branson,

If OMV gets anywhere near, you need the biggest baddest bear traps with auxiliary teeth there are.

Just don't use them if you suffer from CRS like some folks here do.

oldmountvernon said:
dont listen to them Branson they are jealous of our Mass stash :coolsmile: now lead me to your basement :bug:

My basement is protected by Smith and Wesson and Colt!!! :coolsmirk:

Branson4720 said:
oldmountvernon said:
dont listen to them Branson they are jealous of our Mass stash :coolsmile: now lead me to your basement :bug:

My basement is protected by Smith and Wesson and Colt!!! :coolsmirk:

Oh, and Glock and Kalashnikov! :coolgrin:

rwthomas1 said:
I'm gonna hopefully make a run to PelletsDirect for a ton of the cheap pellets tomorrow. I will post a pic if I do. RT

Thanks RT! You da man! Or should I say spy? :cheese:

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
rwthomas1 said:
I'm gonna hopefully make a run to PelletsDirect for a ton of the cheap pellets tomorrow. I will post a pic if I do. RT

Thanks RT! You da man! Or should I say spy? :cheese:

just try to beat me there after he posts.. just try ;)

I'll have em all on hold for you even get there! :cheese: Well maybe a ton or 2. ;-)

Looks like they are Trebio for $150 a ton.

I got nothin for what the sister pellet might be. I'll put out the feelers and maybe we can get the birdies to start singing!

Status
Not open for further replies.