Heads up! Canadian Softwood Pellets Closeouts at Pellets Direct for good price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see some pellets coming IN to the U.S. I read somewhere that we exported over 160 Million Tons of pellets last year, mostly to the EU. I even heard there was a German company that bought a mill of some kind in Texas and is converting it to produce wood pellets for export. Next time we have a shortage you can thank the pellet manufacturers that care more about exporting them out of the country than helping out fellow Americans. If you think about it logistically it makes more sense from a business standpoint. Make the pellets, dump them in a container, ship them overseas, get paid. A lot easier than putting them in bags and shipping them all over the U.S. in trucks and trains. I guess in this Global Economy it is all about the bottom line, too bad for us.

oldmountvernon said:
:) I'm back Grabbed the usual test load 2 ton! test bags are for wussies like Jay lol Real nice people anyone in need head over there easy on/off rt 146 $150 per ton is a no brainer for Canadian softies
got some pics will post later

Sounds like it was worth the ride.

The 2 bags are for a review you knuckle head! I also buy tonnage to fill the stash. See if I give you pellet advice every again! :sick:

Post your pictures and your thought on how they burn, But I'm betting its the best $150 clams you've spend in a long while! Why don't you sneak off and poick up some more? ME and the boys will pay you a little visit while you off getting the next batch. We might even stay and help you unload em(right in to my pickup)! :cheese:

Did a little researching, read some reviews................lots of ash and some clinkers. Not posted on this sight so may not be reliable sources. ;-P
But for $150/ton you could always mix'em with something better and still be ahead money wise.

Jay if you can figure out how to get a bag to you I'd be happy to donate a bag for the cause.

I gotta say this was a score. I'm watchin that stove like a HAWK right now. It's on 4 and it's so hot I can touch the top in front of the hopper. That's a trebio/okie mix

So he says now they're going to be sold as "horse bedding" next week. Interesting. See how much they sell for now. These are not bad pellets at all. Trebio has quite an investment into their product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hseYmlUtjtM&feature=related

Wish I had gone back for more now. Couldn't get back before they closed I tried.

Well, I went to PelletsDirect today and grabbed a ton of the $150 specials. They are Trebio's from Canada. Look a little dark and some fines in the bags. I have some in the Lopi right now and they seem to burn just fine, supposedly they produce a good amout of ash but I'll have to let you know in a day or so if that is the case. Even if it is I don't care, the price is too good to worry about a little extra cleaning. RT

Attachments

• Trebio.jpg
    Trebio.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 315
$150 is as good as the Natures Heat price i got few years ago at Sam's, I'd buy a ton and I have Monday off due to possible SB hangover, but there not open till noon, and driving a F150 sagged out all thru Mass is not a good idea, be a real costly trip if bagged for overloading

Salty said:
Jay if you can figure out how to get a bag to you I'd be happy to donate a bag for the cause.

I gotta say this was a score. I'm watchin that stove like a HAWK right now. It's on 4 and it's so hot I can touch the top in front of the hopper. That's a trebio/okie mix

So he says now they're going to be sold as "horse bedding" next week. Interesting. See how much they sell for now. These are not bad pellets at all. Trebio has quite an investment into their product.

Wish I had gone back for more now. Couldn't get back before they closed I tried.

He was trying to sell them as "horse bedding" before this blowout sale at $175/ton. Link below for the CL listing. Wonder if the price will $150 or back up to $175/ton come Monday.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2825367956.html

I'm sorely tempted to pick up a ton. Do prices get any better then this, even during spring sales? I've been paying for $274 to $304 per ton but that's supposedly for the "super premium" grade pellets.

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
:) I'm back Grabbed the usual test load 2 ton! test bags are for wussies like Jay lol Real nice people anyone in need head over there easy on/off rt 146 $150 per ton is a no brainer for Canadian softies
got some pics will post later

Sounds like it was worth the ride.

The 2 bags are for a review you knuckle head! I also buy tonnage to fill the stash. See if I give you pellet advice every again! :sick:

Post your pictures and your thought on how they burn, But I'm betting its the best $150 clams you've spend in a long while! Why don't you sneak off and poick up some more? ME and the boys will pay you a little visit while you off getting the next batch. We might even stay and help you unload em(right in to my pickup)! :cheese:

Cmon buddy just poking :) your welcome to review bags anytime if you head to Upton swing by :) I warn you my stash in under surveillance, no joking

Nope! Your on my poop list now!

Just poking back! :cheese: Its all good buddy. Glad you filled your stash and I hope they burn sweet! What a steal!!!!! ;-)

I'll find some somewhere, If not we can meet at upton someday! Maybe we can trade for something? A pellet I can get you might not be able to. Pellet swaps and member meets are fun! Now I expect a full report on your burning experience of the Trebio's! ;-)

Salty said:

THat's nice of you salty! I keep it in mind if I can't find some! Thanks! ;-)

Pellet-King said:
$150 is as good as the Natures Heat price i got few years ago at Sam's, I'd buy a ton and I have Monday off due to possible SB hangover, but there not open till noon, and driving a F150 sagged out all thru Mass is not a good idea, be a real costly trip if bagged for overloading

Google the location, its just over the border from RI and very close to CT. You won't be in MA for long, drop down into RI and then head west. I've never been bothered in RI about overloading, and I'm a contractor, many miles hauling questionable stuff. RIDOT only cares about big commercial trucks. Air up the tires on the F150 and make the run! RT

Oldmtvernon says the same as I do.

THESE THINGS BURN HOT. If the ash is high screwit and clean the stove a day earlier. WELL worth the price.

Horse bedding LOL

So really why are these so hard to sell??? He's obviously had them for a few months and price is dropping every month, he's sold 4 tons in 2 months?

rwthomas1 said:
Pellet-King said:

Google the location, its just over the border from RI and very close to CT. You won't be in MA for long, drop down into RI and then head west. I've never been bothered in RI about overloading, and I'm a contractor, many miles hauling questionable stuff. RIDOT only cares about big commercial trucks. Air up the tires on the F150 and make the run! RT

If they were $100, otherwise the cost of gas will be $40 in gas i'll just buy local for $200's, saw the map on google long trip down 44 from windsor locks, i'd only go if Jay would go too.....
Squier's is the farthest i'd go, did twice for those cheap Okies few years ago

hotdawg said:
Salty said:

He was trying to sell them as "horse bedding" before this blowout sale at $175/ton. Link below for the CL listing. Wonder if the price will $150 or back up to $175/ton come Monday.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2825367956.html

I'm sorely tempted to pick up a ton. Do prices get any better then this, even during spring sales? I've been paying for $274 to $304 per ton but that's supposedly for the "super premium" grade pellets.

That craigs ad was posted on 1/30, so there $150 , maybe monday they'll be cheaper, maybe they have moisture damage too

I asked that he said no they would be more.

Then again he told me horse bedding was more expensive than pellets. I haven't found that yet.

They're probably watching this thread. :lol:

Just fyi I will say this about their operation...He loaded a skid onto the back of the van. I said as it was going in that there was a bag of much on the bottom. He didn't hear me the first time. I walked over to the side of the loader and said it again to make sure he heard me. Without hesitation he put the machine in reverse, backed out, dropped it and grabbed another skid... Says alot about him. He's got more of my business.

It appears he's doing everything he can to cover the pellets. They're stacked on the ground then plywood put over them. Then another layer then a tarp.

Not sure this is proper and here's why I say this. The second skid was off the ground. Most all of the bags were "damp" to the touch. Not wet, not dry, but somewhere in between. Definitely more moisture on the bags, inside looked fine, the 2 bags I've burned so far have been fine inside. These things burn pisser mixed with okies. House is 69 right now with stove on 5 and it's 18 degrees out.

Pellet-King said:

My F150 handles a ton with no problems, But I have the tow pack. What would get me is gas to go fetch them. I'd easily burn $25 bucks worth if not more due to the extra weight. I can get McFeeters at Agway for $199/ton less a $20.00 coupon. So it would be almost a wash. Burning them now to see how they do.

If they were in my back yard, I'd be on them. But once you add the expense of getting them. Kind of doesn't make much sense IMHO.

My truck is a 2002 F150, it does drop down a bit, used to use a 1996 F250HD and carry 2 tons in it....haha

I was watching the show Ultimate factories when they showed the 2012 F150's assembly line. They showed and stated they can handle 3000 LBS. Not sure I buy that, But found it interesting enough.

My 1990 F250 would haul 2 at a time, But it also sucked up almost 2x the fuel. On a good day I got like 8 MPG intown and 10 MPG highway. 12 MPG down hill if I was lucky! I get close to 16 MPG with average with the F150. ;-)

Yea i bought in 1988 a new F250 for hauling wood back in my wood burning days, with wood side racks i could stack in a full cord, Jay I work for Monaco Ford and I get to drive all the new trucks

Pellet-King said:
Yea i bought in 1988 a new F250 for hauling wood back in my wood burning days, with wood side racks i could stack in a full cord, Jay I work for Monaco Ford and I get to drive all the new trucks

Lucky dog! Mouch one for the pellet haul? ;-)

I'd love to drive the new Raptor! hint~hint. :cheese:

j-takeman said:
I can get McFeeters at Agway for $199/ton less a $20.00 coupon. So it would be almost a wash. Burning them now to see how they do.

Tried McFeeters and Trebio side by side. Ash seemed similar. The informal BBQ thermometer test of the hot room air says the Trebios burn considerably hotter. The McFeeters also left me with an almost 4x2x2 inch clinker filling the burn pot after an overnight burn - and that's the first large clinker I had after burning 4 tons of other pellets. Trebios do burn a bit dirty in my stove (but they're still an improvement in heat over the Corinths I was mainly burning).

Status
Not open for further replies.