Heads up! Canadian Softwood Pellets Closeouts at Pellets Direct for good price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got one. No more space otherwise I would have gotten more! They do smell good and absolutely not issues with moisture in my skid.

Salty said:
I got 4 tons

They're $100 a ton today

ROFLMAO OMV would cry :lol:

How 'bout I cry for everyone who overpaid ... I shelled out $260/ton for my 6 tons at the local pellet yard. For that discount I could probably have a trucking co load & drop em off, then still save some *cry* :)

Still trying to figure ouT why they weren't moving at other prices or why these so cheep

i grabbed 2 ton as thats all i could squeeze in my truck.so far so good.burned a bag from the damaged ton over night and good heat from them.t-stat set at 68 overnight and used less than 1/2 bag.definately more ash than what im used to but at that price i have no problem with cleaning a bit more often.i have the high ash liner in my meridian which makes a huge difference and can handle these pretty well i hope.

I have two good days into this since cleaning and it tracked the first day today with the center ash pan being 3/4 full in 24 hours. That's almost a whole hopper overnight alone which is right around a bag in itself.

So it's not that bad...

These things burn very hot by themselves. I did a test today with just trebios and the stove was too hot to touch on the top still. Very nice. I actually roasted myself out of the bedroom upstairs last night with the stove on 4

GET READY BOYS N GIRLS

"Sold Out

Receiving 24 more tons by Thurs 2-9-12

First Come Basis!!!"

I see a few more trips coming :cheese:

Well lets see. Their site says same price.

Usually they are. The $100 is pullong OMV's chain because he bought the rest this weekend.

smoke show said:
Salty said:
They're $100 a ton today

And you guys say pellets are more expensive over there. :-/

lol I can move all the wifes crap in the basement and easily fit another 6 or 8 tons

I'd be good til like 2015 at that point :cheese:

Salty said:
lol I can move all the wifes crap in the basement and easily fit another 6 or 8 tons

I'd be good til like 2015 at that point :cheese:

Good luck with that, We'll see Salty stuff for sale on the curb! :cheese:

lol we'll see about that :cheese:

I got cameras too :cheese:

oldmountvernon said:
lol J after his wife throws him out im buying his stash for 50 bucks a ton

To late, She said I can come fetch them. $100/ton. You can have his Inferno's though! :cheese:

How do these Canadian Softwood pellets that are on sale compare to the Green Supreme Pellets? Curious if you think they are better or the about the same. Also, what pellets would you compare them to? Also, is pellets direct letting you pay for say 2 tons and bring one ton home and unload and come back for the other? Thanks.

And mine are wired to the CNN (chipmunk notification network) so if the cameras detect movement it alerts Chipmunk Team 6 and they come out shooting blazing arrows adorned with Okie pellets

Gman12 said:
How do these Canadian Softwood pellets that are on sale compare to the Green Supreme Pellets? Curious if you think they are better or the about the same. Also, what pellets would you compare them to? Also, is pellets direct letting you pay for say 2 tons and bring one ton home and unload and come back for the other? Thanks.

I haven't burn my ton yet but from what everyone is saying, they are very hot, probably hotter then the Green Supremes. I tested the GS at the beginning of the season and they are more of a shoulder pellet in my opinion. As for Pellets Direct, in the past I've lugged half a ton home at a time depending on the vehicle. They just load what I can take and I come back for the rest. They are very nice and flexible so you shouldn't have a problem. Just let them know ahead of time.

interesting

omv you going for more?

Thanks Hotdawg and Oldmount for the reply. I think I'm gonna try to pick some up and try them out. Hope they'll have some by the time I can get there after work Thursday or Friday.

oldmountvernon said:
Just for the record they wouldnt say what brand pellets they are this time or even if they were the same . They get deals on pellets " all kinds " I'm not going to say how i respect the fact that he told me.

I think I know, But will respect your decision to not say!

A hint would be squires sale last season. ;-)

oldmountvernon said:
not sure.. im pretty loaded right now. If i was to get more it would have to be outside stored i would shrinkwrap it ( like you use on boats ) guess that would keep it dry but im not sure about the " sweating factor "
Im noticing the ash now seems " sticky " as in sticking to the pot and firebox walls. when i vacumed it out it clogged up my hepa filter ..going to watch it a little closer and see whats up maybe its my imagination i dunno/ i guess this whats called a " dirty burn " ? help me out J :)

I'll need your settings, But Might be better to ask Smoke Show. He lives with these softies in his Mt V. My guess is too much fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.