Heads up! Canadian Softwood Pellets Closeouts at Pellets Direct for good price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldmountvernon said:
dont know if this sounds stupid but im thinking the hotter the air coming out of the stove the further the hot air can travel ?
Always had it in my mind that maybe by the time the air got to that bedroom it has already been cooled off

Hotter air rises. Once it cools it doesn't rise and actually starts dropping. So hotter air can rise farther as it takes more to cool it to the point it turns back toward the stove. Think hot air balloon, To keep it up in the air, You need to keep heating the air. When you want to drop you let it cool.

Man it was 73 in the kitchen this morning with the stove on 3

Trebios rock :coolsmile:

Salty said:
Trebios rock :coolsmile:

Sure, Not being content with a heck of a deal, Know he's gotta start rubbing it in! >:-(

Glad they doing well for you salty. Makes them inferno's look like kitty litter? ;-)

I tried using them for kitty litter J and the cat took his box outside and dumped it :)

I picked up 27 bags a few days ago from local big box store for $$4.99 CDN. They are very fregrant. Heat is comparable to my 3 year old Cubex Hardwoods if not better. They are the only pellet I have successfully been able to burn on Super low (1.5 second shot) with my enviro mini. ...... The down side is that they are the hardest pellet to light with 400 Watt ignighter. They left a huge rock like clinker in the shape of my burn pot liner after 18hours. I have temporarily switched back to the cubex's here because it is extreemely cold out, and haven't time to experiment further.

first picture is Trebio
second is Cubex hardwoods on the left - Trebio on the right.
and third are Trebio with penny for scale comparison.

Here is the Trebio website. : http://www.trebio.ca/

Sincerely,

The Scientist.

Attachments

• 100_0055.jpg
    100_0055.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_0056.jpg
    100_0056.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_0057.jpg
    100_0057.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 342
I ALSO HAD A ROCK LIKE ASH IN MY BURN POT. I tried to break it and could not believe how hard it was. When there burning they seem ok and HOT. Going to do more research myself.

jim3854 said:
I ALSO HAD A ROCK LIKE ASH IN MY BURN POT. I tried to break it and could not believe how hard it was. When there burning they seem ok and HOT. Going to do more research myself.

I believe they would work excellent in a multifuel stove like the M55 which has a stir device. This would aid in keeping that clinker under control...... (Currently kicking myself for cheaping out and buying the used Mini instead of the M55.)

Seems ok if I just scoop them out a little more often. I think its still worth the 150 a ton. Funny cause the heat seems really good.

jim3854 said:
Seems ok if I just scoop them out a little more often. I think its still worth the 150 a ton. Funny cause the heat seems really good.

I believe (but have not proven) that they burn so slow that at higher feed rates they simply smother themselves. Hence the clinker. Maybe a good pellet for shoulder seasons. I burn the mini pretty hard here because I use it as the primary heat source.

The Scientist said:
jim3854 said:

I believe (but have not proven) that they burn so slow that at higher feed rates they simply smother themselves. Hence the clinker. Maybe a good pellet for shoulder seasons.

Does your mini have the controller with feed trim?

j-takeman said:
The Scientist said:
jim3854 said:

I believe (but have not proven) that they burn so slow that at higher feed rates they simply smother themselves. Hence the clinker. Maybe a good pellet for shoulder seasons.

No. I just upgraded burnpot and liner.... I'm still waiting for original PCB to blow but it seems to be built to last. Wait a minute... both old and new circuit boards had feed trim..

The Scientist said:
j-takeman said:
The Scientist said:
jim3854 said:

No. I just upgraded burnpot and liner.... I'm still waiting for original PCB to blow but it seems to be built to last.

Bummer, Dropping the trim will help. But so would an agitator. Mix them with some other pellets to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.