Heard of a pellet-fired oil burner replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcooncat

Jun 29, 2008
Central Maine
When we stopped by our pellet stove guy's place last week, we told him of our intention to replace our hot-air oil furnace with a pellet stove. He told us, "You might want to wait a year, because there's a new product coming out on the market. It's a pellet add-on to your regular oil burner; you take the oil burner out of the furnace and bolt on the pellet piece. You'll save a lot of money and time on the installation."

I've been googling around for this, but haven't seen anything like it. Have you?

jimcooncat said:
When we stopped by our pellet stove guy's place last week, we told him of our intention to replace our hot-air oil furnace with a pellet stove. He told us, "You might want to wait a year, because there's a new product coming out on the market. It's a pellet add-on to your regular oil burner; you take the oil burner out of the furnace and bolt on the pellet piece. You'll save a lot of money and time on the installation."

I've been googling around for this, but haven't seen anything like it. Have you?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did read about it. I even went to the website and checked it out......now if i can only remember where it was........

If I find it, I'll make a new post about it.

Somewhere on this site there is information about them. From the thread I read they are very popular in some other country, maybe Australia. I tried to find the thread but I have been looking through so much of the really old stuff on the site that I have no idea where I saw it. As a matter of fact there was a link to a forum of people who are installing them in that country.

I emailed them to ask if these will replace a hot-air oil burner as well. Looks like a young company and they haven't got to the shipping stage yet. This looks like a great product -- you stove dealers ought to be checking this out for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.