Hearth and Home auction is over. Results are below.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboymo

Feeling the Heat
Feb 24, 2010
W Central MO
I know of a stove store that is out of business and selling everything.

Things of interest to pellet burners are two quadrafire castile stoves that one of which needs a control unit and the other that is a red needs a blower and a few other wear items.

There is a Harman PB105 pellet boiler and another pellet furnace up for grabs at killer prices.

Furniture dollies and numerous hearth pads are up for grabs also.

I will try to go to the showing to see what else other than a hearth pad I am interested in.

The auction is at www.auctionbymayo.com or the direct link is : http://www.auctionbymayo.com/index.php?subp=1&sct;=&pg=ap&pid=24428

I haven't said anything but I just can't be totally greedy. I think there will be some really good deals out of here.

IF I go and anyone is interested in close up pics or other information let me know.

I MIGHT help with shipping something if I feel like I am not going to get the short end of the stick helping someone or some people out.

I have no ties to this business other than I am a past customer.

I am winning on the hearth pad... I am tired of a corner pad along a wall but it was part of the stove deal so I can't complain too much. My 100.00 bid on the new pellet boiler was outbid so that ruined my day lol.

Auction is over and I helped a co-worker win a black showroom demonstrator Castile for 700 and got a new hearth pad for my stove for 51. I also got an older kitchen table with one leaf for 13 brought it home and wiped it down with furniture polish. It already sold on craigslist for 125.00 not bad for 30 minutes worth of work.

I hope to get the co-worker in here as a member.

Pics or it didn't happen....here goes. I will have to get a before and after pic of mine with the old pad and new also.

Everything is there and connected other than the control box has been removed. He also got the appliance adapter, a T, a 36"length of pipe and an adjustable section.

The stove is an August of 2006 model and has pellets that look fresh in the hopper so I don't think the control box has been gone too long. It was also connected to a flue like it was ready to fire. The pipe was barely dirty. I don't think he come out bad at all.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 487
That is one purty stove!

You hate to see someone have to close there company down.

How much did the pellet boiler bring?

$2,000 even and it was new. The red unburned 06 castile brought $670 but needed a control bo x, igniter,thermocouple, and combustion fan. Sad to see them go.

so were they "robbing peter to pay paul" with all the missing parts?

Only on the two castiles the other stoves were untouched. I don't know what the motive was but it sure killed the final auction prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.