Hearth and Home Readers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2009
Halifax, PA
To those in the industry, who receive Hearth and Home magazine:

On the inner back cover you will see images of the Harman TL2.0 and Harman TL2.6, the two newest stoves that I've designed!

As we always say, pics or it didn't happen. :coolsmirk:

SmokingAndPoking said:
To those in the industry, who receive Hearth and Home magazine:

On the inner back cover you will see images of the Harman TL2.0 and Harman TL2.6, the two newest stoves that I've designed!

Why hasn't Harman put the stoves up online, yet?

Awe, c'mon man, you can't leave us hangin like that. Give us some stats, pictures or something.

I'm not sure how much I'm still allowed to say! I'll let Craig post the ad when he gets home! Don't wanna get in any trouble!

Should be very soon. They are hitting full production quantities this Monday. I already have one installed at the house. We're seeing 15 hr burn times on the TL2.0 and 17 hr burn times on the TL2.6 in the shop on seasoned hardwood.

Some stats (going from memory):

TL2.0
2.0 cu. ft.
Top Load
Close Clearances for a downdraft style stove (As low as 7 inches rear clearance)
Max Output Approx. 58,000 BTU/hr

TL2.6
2.6 cu. ft.
Top or Rear Vent (One of the only top/rear vent pure steel stoves in the industry)
Legs or Pedestal
Top Load
Max Output Approx. 63,000 BTU/hr

I'm really looking forward to seeing the TL2.6! (well, both of them, actually :) ) Good to hear from you, Corie. Rick

Oh yeah...congrats! It must be a little like being a new father. Have a cigar.

Excellent Corie. Can't wait to see them. Those are great burn times. Do you have any burn times for softwood like doug fir or soft ample?

One note, the Jotul Rangeley is also a top/rear vent steel stove. And doesn't Buck make one too? (261?) Come to think of it, so are the Quad Yosemite and Cumberland Gap (cast clad steel).

Corie congrats on the new designs! Glad to see you back. Speaking of your designs, I picked up one of your other designs, the 50vl. Where is the best place to put a thermometer on that one? The upper part of the door frame, the area just above the door frame, or just on top of the stove? Thanks. If you keep designing all these cool stoves I'm just going to have to keep upgrading...;)

Congrats those stoves sound like winners! Gonna make Blaze King worry with burntime stats like that..

Ray

BeGreen said:
Excellent Corie. Can't wait to see them. Those are great burn times. Do you have any burn times for softwood like doug fir or soft ample?

One note, the Jotul Rangeley is also a top/rear vent steel stove. And doesn't Buck make one too? (261?) Come to think of it, so are the Quad Yosemite and Cumberland Gap (cast clad steel).

Meh. Jotul and the Quad's all have external panels made from cast which give them the appearance of a cast iron unit. I know the Jotul Rangely has steel side panels available, but the look of the unit is overwhelmingly that of a cast iron stove. The TL2.0 and TL2.6 are pure steel construction and aesthetics, which is what I based my comment on, but I do understand what you're saying. The Buck 261 though, you got me on. I wasn't aware of that unit!

jeeper said:
Corie congrats on the new designs! Glad to see you back. Speaking of your designs, I picked up one of your other designs, the 50vl. Where is the best place to put a thermometer on that one? The upper part of the door frame, the area just above the door frame, or just on top of the stove? Thanks. If you keep designing all these cool stoves I'm just going to have to keep upgrading...;)

Above the door on the top right or left is where you want it. Ideally you want another one on the stove pipe too, just for reference. Putting a thermometer on the top won't do you much good because it is double layer.

Thanks for the kind words! Post some pictures of that monster in action!

fossil said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing the TL2.6! (well, both of them, actually :) ) Good to hear from you, Corie. Rick

Oh yeah...congrats! It must be a little like being a new father. Have a cigar.

It is just like being a new father!!! Probably just as stressful too!

Corie thanks for the quick reply - just have to grout and finish up the inside pipe and it'll be time for it's break in fires. Maybe a week or so. Outdoor temps here are starting to get close...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..........

:)

pen

SmokingAndPoking said:
BeGreen said:

Meh. Jotul and the Quad's all have external panels made from cast which give them the appearance of a cast iron unit. I know the Jotul Rangely has steel side panels available, but the look of the unit is overwhelmingly that of a cast iron stove. The TL2.0 and TL2.6 are pure steel construction and aesthetics, which is what I based my comment on, but I do understand what you're saying. The Buck 261 though, you got me on. I wasn't aware of that unit!

Steel at heart they are. I'm burning in a cast iron jacket, but I don't think of the Alderlea as a cast iron stove. Though cosmetically my wife might.

Do you have a scanner so that we can see these beauties? The Hearth & Home website does not have them nor does the Harman website.

I am really hoping to get a peek at these stoves..

must be re-using fire-dome, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.