Hearth.com and Super Cedar for Tornado victims

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWfuel

Minister of Fire
The Red Cross is looking for grills, charcoal and firestarters to help victims from tornado's path.
So far Weber has donated portable grills. They have a commitment for 400 bags charcoal.

Super Cedar and Hearth.com have committed to 1,500 firestarters. Anyone who would like to add a case of 100 to the total can do so for $45.00. This will include a label on the case stating donors name. The shipping is included.

The Super Cedar store will have a field for discount code. Please enter (Red Cross). Discount good for 100 count only. You will need to click recalculate to see your discount, you also need to fill in your bill to info and your ship to info. We will send your package directly to Birmingham, Alabama Red Cross.

www.supercedar.com
[email protected] E mail

Thank you,
Craig,Thomas

This site (and its users) constantly amaze me. What a great thing to offer!!!!!

Tried to order a couple 100ct cartons, Thomas, but the "red cross discount" thing didn't seem to take. I'll check back. Rick

fossil said:
Tried to order a couple 100ct cartons, Thomas, but the "red cross discount" thing didn't seem to take. I'll check back. Rick

I will check with Lara here in a minute. You need to enter "Red Cross " leave out the word discount. Then click recalculate!

Thanks Rick

Thomas

Done, Thomas, two cartons. Thanks for the help. Shoot me a PM about your boy when you feel so inclined. Take care, and thanks to you both for everything you do! Rick

Although...I notice my price was ~$55, rather than $45. I'm not concerned about it, but maybe your website ordering needs just a bit more tweaking to come into line with what you're posting here. Keep up the great work, Thomas and Lara! Rick

Im glad to see such a commendable action so that I didnt have to start my own thread to give props to this outfit. I wanted to tell all members as well as non-members that I ordered a 100 ct order from these people and it was sent within just a few hours, thats right HOURS, and it was delivered on time as scheduled today. And for the record, my order stems from the free sample that I recieved about 2 months ago just in time for me to get a taste of what they are all about. Considering the cost of only .17 cents per fire or less depending on how they order, these things are worth so much more when a person finds themselves in a bind to start a fire such as after a 2 week snow and he has no kindling. Thanks Super Cedars for being a top notch American based company.

NW Fuels said:
Rick,

You will be charged the $90.00

I will have Lara rework it for multiple cases. It just gave you 1 discount on 2 cases.

Thank You
Thomas

Well...can I get two discounts on one case? :lol:

Thanks, buddy. Rick

C'mon Hearthers...step up to the plate for a great cause to support one of our own his efforts to help those in need! Rick

It's not working yet but I've emailed Thomas.

Thanks to Thomas, Craig, Rick and all others who have sent some help to those poor folks.

Hey Thomas, are they arranging to send down matches or lighters too? I'll chip in for a Costco-sized case if you can arrange it.

The Red Cross is very busy right now. Although the focus is on the recent tornado damage in Alabama, there have been other tornadoes, floods, and fires that they are contending with. With the cold La Nina weather colliding with southern high temps, there are the makings for very severe weather. This is not over, there will be more storms and they can use some help. Consider also a straight donation to the American Red Cross. They are doing some fantastic work out there. Give all you can, one day you might be on the receiving end.

http://newsroom.redcross.org/

Out of these storms comes some amazing stories. This one about a firefighter rescuing his own son is amazing and touching. He is one lucky kid.

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/28/135812706/witness-recalls-deadly-tuscaloosa-tornado

Begreen,

This all came on Friday afternoon so I am trying to keep it going.
So far this is what I have.

Harold Hudson Vice President Sales and Marketing for Summer Classics requested on behalf of the Red Cross the following.
Grills
Charcoal
Firestarters

He has told us that Weber has agreed to send portable grills and some company has given 400 bags charcoal, not clear on who. Super Cedar and Hearth.com agreed to send 1,500 firestarter with the Hearth.com label shipping included. I thought at the same time if Hearth members wanted to make a contribution we could add on to this number. These people will be needing to eat out is what I am thinking by this request from Red Cross.

I apologize for the confusion on the Super Cedar web store but can assure you will be charged only the $45.00 per 100 ct case. This includes the shipping which by the way I have tried to get donated with no success.

I know this could look a lot cleaner if I put some more thought into it. I am open to any suggestions.

I am contacting Zippo lighters on Monday morning for lighters, as you know we do a private label firestarter for them so how can they say no!
I have also mentioned it to the National BBQ News people that are headquartered in Georgia which could lend a hand in distribution if needed.

Thanks Thomas. It is done.

Here is another thought, It might be a little steep at $45.00. I could accept personel checks from members who pair up with others here on the forum to lesson the financial impact. For instance 4 members could chip in $11.25 and buy the 100 ct. PM each other and when you get your team post it here.

You all can send your check. Your firestarters will ship by Wed. the 4th of May.

Your commitment is good with me.

You will all receive a receipt as time allows from Lara, she is going to love me for this.

Thomas

NW Fuels said:
Begreen,

This all came on Friday afternoon so I am trying to keep it going.
So far this is what I have.

Harold Hudson Vice President Sales and Marketing for Summer Classics requested on behalf of the Red Cross the following.
Grills
Charcoal
Firestarters

He has told us that Weber has agreed to send portable grills and some company has given 400 bags charcoal, not clear on who. Super Cedar and Hearth.com agreed to send 1,500 firestarter with the Hearth.com label shipping included. I thought at the same time if Hearth members wanted to make a contribution we could add on to this number. These people will be needing to eat out is what I am thinking by this request from Red Cross.

I am contacting Zippo lighters on Monday morning for lighters, as you know we do a private label firestarter for them so how can they say no!
I have also mentioned it to the National BBQ News people that are headquartered in Georgia which could lend a hand in distribution if needed.

Thanks Thomas, I had visions of all these nice BBQs showing up, with charcoal and starters, but nothing to start them with. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a lack of matches and lighters in the area, so including these seems like a good idea. I'm in for a case, the webstore worked fine.

Thank you Fossil,Begreen and Backwoods. 60 cases make a pallet, and JUST FOR STARTERS we have 22 now.

I can smell the smoke now.

Hoping to get some rubs and seasonings from the BBq crowd.
Thomas

Let me put this in perpective.

How many times to you look for something you misplaced?

Cell phone, Car keys, Ipod, coffee cup, underwear, tooth brush, contacts, eye glasses, prescription's, whatever it is, you have a much better chance of finding it.

NW Fuels said:
...60 cases make a pallet, and JUST FOR STARTERS we have 22 now...

Well, hell, Thomas, we really need to fill that pallet, and this is a time sensitive thing. I'm springing for 10 more cases...your ordering thing on the website still isn't correctly handling multiple case orders with the Red Cross discount. Just put me down for 10 more, get 'em on the pallet, and I'll send you a check for $450.00 to the Russell Road address shown on your Home Page. Deal? Rick

fossil said:
NW Fuels said:
...60 cases make a pallet, and JUST FOR STARTERS we have 22 now...

Well, hell, Thomas, we really need to fill that pallet, and this is a time sensitive thing. I'm springing for 10 more cases...your ordering thing on the website still isn't correctly handling multiple case orders with the Red Cross discount. Just put me down for 10 more, get 'em on the pallet, and I'll send you a check for $450.00 to the Russell Road address shown on your Home Page. Deal? Rick

Wel,l Hell, Rick, We do need to fill the pallet. I will put you down for a total of 12 cases with your balance to be paid by check.

Just a thought, are you selling them on another site for $60.00? :)

Thomas

NW Fuels said:
...Just a thought, are you selling them on another site for $60.00? :) Thomas

Not unless you screw up and send them to me instead of the folks down south who really need them. :lol: Check to you for $540.00 will be in the mail today. Thanks to you and Lara and all involved for what you're doing. Don't forget to give me an update on your son when you get a minute. Rick

fossil said:
NW Fuels said:
...Just a thought, are you selling them on another site for $60.00? :) Thomas

Not unless you screw up and send them to me instead of the folks down south who really need them. :lol: Check to you for $540.00 will be in the mail today. Thanks to you and Lara and all involved for what you're doing. Don't forget to give me an update on your son when you get a minute. Rick

Your bank card order will not be processed then.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.