Hearth.com Forums approach 5,000 registered members....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
And for you number freaks, here is the skinny:

It took us 8 months to get the first 1,000 registered members,
and only two months (if we get there in Jan) to get from 4000 to 5000

I don't expect the pace to continue, since we are ramping up now to our busy mid-winter period.

Anyway, thanks for all the forum members who are helping here! I keep looking for threads with 0 replies (so I can chime in) and there usually are very few of those!

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 265
Craig, I think the price of natural gas, propane and home heating fuel has promted many to seek alternative souces to heat their homes. There is such a wealth of information on this forum and so much to learn from it. I would have never installed my rigid liner because I didn't realize what a difference it makes in draft over the clay liner and now I am in compliance. It also help me in selecting a new stove.

Thanks for the forum

Jim

It's been fun to watch the site grow. Fun to make new friends as it does.

Thats great!

Anyone who burns wood or is thinking about it should have this site as their homepage! Im glad I found it, wish I had BEFORE I bought my stove so that I could have done more research instead of relying on the "pro's" at the shops.

D

Hi Craig,

Thanks for a great forum. I learn something new almost every time I read it.

I don't post as often as I should. Not a great writer. although I do check in on a daily basis. So many things I've learned here while having fun. I would be remissed if I left something out as to what I've learned. But I do feel I can scrounge, process, burn clean etc. with the best of you guys oooops ( and gals). I'ts been very fun and informative. Thanks to everyone,and have a Happy New Year.

Let's see now...

If everyone posts one post a day, then in one week that's 5000 x 7 = 35,000 posts.
If it takes Mo one minute to read each post, that's 35,000 / 60 = 583 hrs / 24 = 24 days to read 7 days worth of posts.

Hmmm... I'll never catch up at this rate!

Just the last 2 months I have noticed the increase in new posters and questions. I think its great. The power of the collective is greater than the power of 1. Lots of new ideas and questions (and of course the old stand byes like "which is better - a cat or non cat). Its a great forum, with great people and as we have seen, the collective has the ability to possibly steer people away from potentially dangerous situations or increase the usability and successful use of their heating appliance. Not to mention that I always learn something new myself.

Yeah Craig, what a great idea this site is. You get the "best thing that I never knew I needed" award!

Mo Heat said:
Let's see now...

If everyone posts one post a day, then in one week that's 5000 x 7 = 35,000 posts.
If it takes Mo one minute to read each post, that's 35,000 / 60 = 583 hrs / 24 = 24 days to read 7 days worth of posts.

Hmmm... I'll never catch up at this rate!

Just put BroBart on "ignore" and it cuts the work in half.

Fabulous work,

Anytime we "Google" anything dealing with stoves/hearths/inserts the first links are usually "Hearth.com".

Congrats and Thank You very much,
Jim & Kathy

Thanks for your hard work Craig! It is a knowledgeable forum and fun at the same time.

Ron

I'm new but I've learned a great deal here in a short time.

If I could make a suggestion, it would be to split out the forums into more subtopics as the usage grows. For instance a topic on stove design (independent of particular products) would make it easier to understand many issues.

Thanks for the suggestion - we actually did a bunch of splitting this year - The Boiler Room and Pellet Mill, and I am interested in having a gas forum since the fuel is so different....although that may not be as well attended, at least it will be separate.

Additional forums will somewhat depend on how many members, etc....and, of course, our humble moderators who help keep things relatively clean and sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.