Hearth.com meetup in Oct. at Woodstock Soapstone Open House!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
It's semi-official.....

That is, anyone and everyone from the Hearth.com community is invited to attend the Woodstock Soapstone Stove open house - AND hopefully meet a bunch of Hearth.com regulars!

We (Hearth.com) will be buying the beer. The Woodstock Folks will be providing everything from a pig roast to factory tours AND the introduction of their amazing new stoves! The factory in in the heart of New England, where the leaves should be turning at about that time!

Here is the basic info - we will update as we go along:
http://woodstocksoapstoneco.blogspot.com/2011/08/annual-open-housepig-roast-gala-friday.html

There will be a large sign welcoming Hearth.com members. My personal plans are to be there at least from 11am to 3pm on Saturday.

We are going to try and have some giveaways- special edition Hearth.com hats, etc........

I will try to put together a list of thing to do in that area - but they are numerous! Want great food? Hanover, the home of Dartmouth College, is a few minutes away! If you have never been there, the Saint-Gaudens historical site is a must:
http://www.nps.gov/saga/index.htm

There are lots of places to stay in the area - you can easily be a decent distance away and get there (little or no traffic) if there are other sites you want to see. You could stay at one of the VT ski areas, a B and B, a local hotel, etc.....

I will be sending out a bulk email in a week or two with a reminder and more pointers to information.

Here is the Hearth.com Page on the meetup - forward it to anyone who might be interested in Woodstock Factory Tours and the meetup!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/meetup2011

Sincerely,

Craig

Looking forward to seeing you again Craig.

Hey Craig, I'll pass them out again. Had some fun doing that with the Super Cedars last year and met some very nice people too.

OK, I think I'm going nuts . . . I swear I saw this thread earlier today . . . but you couldn't post to it . . . am I losing my mind?

Jake, you lost it when you started splitting wood wrong.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Craig, I'll pass them out again. Had some fun doing that with the Super Cedars last year and met some very nice people too.

Dennis:

Thanks to those cedars you passed out last year I have never smelled another miserable smoldering newspaper again. And thanks to the soapstone hand warmer chunks your wonderful wife Judy gave me, my wife has been less ornery on the colder nights. TJ and I are looking forward to the trip. I'm seriously considering placing a deposit on the big one.

If it were closer I'd go, but New Hampshire is a bit far to travel from western Montana... now if Woodstock is willing to move their factory closer to Montana, then I might consider it ;) lol

Mt Ski Bum said:
If it were closer I'd go, but New Hampshire is a bit far to travel from western Montana... now if Woodstock is willing to move their factory closer to Montana, then I might consider it ;) lol

pfft! excuses, excuses. %-P Google maps said it would only be a 40 hour ride for you. That's less than 2 days and only about 2,400 miles (to get there). Pony up!

pen

Here it is, Folks....Special Edition Hearth.com Woodstock Hat!

Attachments

• wshat.jpg
    wshat.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 801
Ohhh.. the hat makes it worth the drive :)

Really hoping to make it out there to meet up with folks - hats or not.

Any suggestions in the area for a side trip to amuse kids 2-9 years old?

A very handsome cap, indeed...but I'm not making a 6000 mile round trip to get one handed to me. Hope everyone has a great time! Rick

there is a chance, if the stars align correctly, that I will be there. Will be near-ish at any rate. Now, just have to figure out how to render guards unconcious, chew through bars, escape staight jacket and hitchhike the distance.....shouldn't be too hard. I'm a sucker for a hat.

You giving hats to any wannabes that pass by, or do we get issued ID? Just kidding. Sounds very interesting.

Craig, congratulations on the special design for the hat. Looks very good. And I'd make Rick drive to get the hat. :)

Tony, my wife was so generous with those soapstone blocks we went away with none! They were all gone so your wife got ours. No problem though as they sent me some later. They really are handy.

Slow, I really do hope you are able to make the trip again. My wife might even volunteer to help with the kids.

We're still making plans but some have had to be changed just because of all the flooding out in that area.

Webmaster said:
Here it is, Folks....Special Edition Hearth.com Woodstock Hat!

Very nice!! That's a hat to be proud of!

Ray

I was hoping to see the new stove and actually meet Dennis and other hearth.com junkies in person . . . getting free swag is the icing on the cake . . . and I don't even wear hats . . . although I probably should since it would cover my bald spot on my head.

I would love to meet you all, and usually we are in NH for a Fall camping trip on Columbus day weekend! But, this year we are going to Horseneck Beach, it's just a lot cheaper than the NH trip would be. My inlaws are nice enough to fund the entire thing every year as well as every other weekend during the camping season. Thanks to them we are able to go away to the beach and lakes around the state quite often.

I hope you all enjoy the trip and the foliage should be beautiful!

Right in my home state. I'll be there! =]

I hope all the folks that show up have a blast. I will be there in spirit. Simply too far to travel for me, which is a shame, cuz I really like hats.

If nothing unusual happens Mrs. Flatbedford and I will be there. Planning to arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday. Beer, food, and a hat! Looking forward to meeting my virtual friends.
Does anybody know how significantly the area has be effected by the flooding?
Does anybody want to buy a broken in, but fully functional 029 w/20" bar, 5 chains, and a Stihl sharpening kit for .325" chain? I can bring it with me.

Steve, the area did have some flooding but I suspect you'll be shooting up the Interstate. That should pose no problems. The east/west roads I think got the worst of it and many are indeed closed. There was some flooding in West Lebanon but that should all be gone. It was more downtown. Woodstock is high and dry.

Jags, suck it up and make the drive. You have a great machine in your avatar that any roads out you could laugh at them.

Jeremy, we look forward to meeting you.

Chris, we will miss you.

I am just wondering if any of the places we visited back in May '09 when we picked up the stove are still there. I heard about flooding in most of the Vt towns we visited and where we stayed in Queeche, Vt.

Status
Not open for further replies.