1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hearth.com meetup in Oct. at Woodstock Soapstone Open House!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by webbie, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stee6043

stee6043 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I really wish I could load up the family and make it to this event. I'd easily drive 800 miles for free beer! Maybe next year...the timing just isn't going to work for me this time around.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yes vixster, that is the site.

One other nice place to visit is the local brewery.
  3. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    How far is this from Tuftonboro or Melvin Village NH?
  4. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    According to Streets & Trips, 76.6 miles to the airport which is beside Woodstock's factory from Tuftonboro. Melvin Village is 73.4. These may or may not be the shortest routes but probably are close. One would also need to check roads for closings after all the floods.
  5. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    My Dad has a cabin in Melvin Village(which has 2 wood stoves) and we will be up there for 4 days to go to the Sandwich Fall Festival: If I get one of those sweeeeeet hats, a stop by the Woodstock factory may be in order.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Hey tbuff, don't come just for the hats! You'll enjoy the factory and the people too. Then there is also a nice bbq and Craig is furnishing some good beverages too.
  7. dafattkidd

dafattkidd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    Man, I wish it was a little closer to us Long Islanders. I haven't heard from BeGreen (I know it's far), Zap, AdiosPantalones, or any of my fellow Long Islanders. I'd love to meet all of you in person. Sounds like fun, but realistically not very likely for me. Either way, I hope those of you who go really enjoy your time together.
  8. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    FattKidd,
    I am up in Westchester and it is about a 4 hour ride. If you are not that far out in the island you shouldn't be that much further.
  9. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    In addition to this fantastic event: there are tons of things to do up there this time of year.
  10. vixster

vixster Member

Loc:
    hudson valley , ny
    @TBUFF..
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Thanks
  11. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    We go up to visit my Dad every year on this weekend. We love the fall foliage festivals, in particular Sandwich Fall Festival, Warner Fall Festival and the sightseeing is out of this world! I have four kids and they love going up there. I'll find out what else is going on when I call my dad to see if he wants to go to "Woodstock 2011" with me..
  12. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I told my geocaching friend about the factory tour and new woodstove and he didn't seem all that excited . . . then I told him about the free beer. He'll enjoy himself.

We're planning on geocaching in the area -- staying overnight on Friday at a campground in East Thetford . . . doing the BBQ and then meeting up with another geocaching friend in northern NH. If I had time I would have made the short trip west to the Woodchuck Cider factory in Vermont.

Queechee Gorge is nearby isn't it . . . if memory serves me correctly.
  13. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Probably less than 20 minutes, if its still there and the roads are passable after Irene. My wife and I stayed in Queeche when we went up there to get our Frieview.
  14. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    The covered bridge took a hit but the main road should be fine.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan

Hey, Long Island isn't that far is it? We'll be driving over 1,000 miles to get there and I doubt it would be that far for you. Put some gas in that vehicle and drive north!
  16. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  17. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  18. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    I am hoping to get some good shopping in nearby.... :cheese:
    Guess how much Mr Gamma likes to shop? As much as the rest of you buggerz do... :lol: >:-(
  19. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    I would like to be able to make it, but not sure if the logistics would work... It is a LONG drive to do in one day, and I have to carry so much extra junk with me to stay anywhere away from home that it makes traveling a bit of an ordeal, even if one is able to find a proper "accessible" room.... On top of that, currently I'd have to use the manual chair since we can't get the power chair in and out of our non-adapted van...

I'm hoping to get my accessible van within the next week or so, and if that happens (and I'm able to get my drivers license reinstated) then it would be a lot easier, as I could then split the drive with the GF, and use the power chair....

Not making any promises, but if I can make it work I'll be up there...

Gooserider
  20. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Wrestle one of those caps out of Craig's hand and send it to me. :coolsmirk:
  21. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Sure would love to see you make it Goose.
  22. sappy

sappy Member

Loc:
    Vermont upper valley
    Hey folks- and Dennis. Save me one of those hats. I am hoping to sneak away from the Coop food store annual caselot sale for a while, as that will be a marathon work day for me. We move over 5 tractor trailor loads of grocerys in 3 days. I really want to meet folks and exp Dennis, as all have been very informative and helpful. As far as Quechee area, I live 5 miles from there and most all is very accessable. Waterman hlill where the covered bridge was is closed at the bridge but club hs road and dewey mills road will get you to main street fine. The east west route 4 to new york is open at least one lane or better in mendon.hope to see some folks maybe around 11 on Saturday.
  23. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Looking forward to it Sappy.
  24. Boozie

Boozie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW IN
    I would LOVE to be there to meet all the nice people who have helped me, but since I'm in SW Indiana it's a tad fur. Can I get a hat anyway?????
  25. vixster

vixster Member

Loc:
    hudson valley , ny
    Turns out most of motel/hotels are booked for the weekend being Columbus day weekend and major leaf peeping will be going on. So sadly, we won't be making it. Have fun everybody.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.