Hearth.com Milestones - 15+ years on the net - and Forum Milestone - maybe 1,000,000 posts by end of

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
. I really appreciate the homespun, commonsense humor and lyrical contributions of BrotherBart.

+1... :cheese: ;-P

Attachments

• citizen picture.jpg
    citizen picture.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 266
Congratulations Craig,
Thank you for providing a place that has helped so many of us with valuable information. Thank you also to all the kind people who redily share experiences and make this site a wealth of knowledge.
I'm glad to be a part of this virtual community!
Here is one of the earliest captures of Hearth.com - this one from Nov 5, 1996

Craig, is that a Surdiac in your original front page?

Congratulations Craig and a special thanks to the mods! I've been a loooong time lurker and have had several name changes because Mrs Jpr keeps getting new computers and my computer abilities are pretty poor.

This is hands down the friendliest site I've ever been on, and now that I'm retired and I've got a smartphone that I sort of figured out I look forward to joining the banter a bit more.

Thanks again and here's to another 15! (takes a sip of the appropriate beverage - cheers!) :)

Wish I'd found this place back when I 1st got my old CDW it sure would have saved me lots of headaches.. This forum is my favorite place on the web with loads of decent people with common interests.. Rarely does Bart make a post that doesn't make ne laugh or BG with his words of wisdom and even temper.. Thanks Craig for providing a place that I can give and recieve advice and a gathering place for all us woodburning nuts lol.. I hope I manage to get a Hearth.com hat next weekend!!

Ray

BeGreen said:
And now, time for a 15th yr anniversary song.

Grinning ear to ear BG, but where's the link to the mp3 of this?

Couldn't have anything better pumpin' outta da whip when I roll into Woodstock :lol:

pen

pen said:
BeGreen said:
And now, time for a 15th yr anniversary song.

Grinning ear to ear BG, but where's the link to the mp3 of this?

Couldn't have anything better pumpin' outta da whip when I roll into Woodstock :lol:

pen

Yeah. My hearth song writing career is toast now.

Great one BG!

Craig, thanks so much. This is a great place filled with great people and fantastic advice. By far my favorite place on the web. Guys like BeGreen, Savage, and Zap I feel like you guys are my virtual uncles, full of wisdom, knowledge and strong character. You started a good thing Craig. Thanks for everything.

Congrts Craig, Mods, and Hearth.com community. Long live the most widely read hearth publication on the interwebs. Thanks for letting me in the door, and not kickin me out after I.....uh, started helping people out when I can. You all rock. I think we all might collectively constitute a cult.....ain't that something. :cheese:

Seems like everyone is taking words out of my mouth! I'd still be lost or maybe even gave up on my stove if it weren't for the site and people here.

I can't believe I've been here that long. Way to go Craig and everyone else that made this happen.

Delta-T said:
Congrts Craig, Mods, and Hearth.com community. Long live the most widely read hearth publication on the interwebs. Thanks for letting me in the door, and not kickin me out after I.....uh, started helping people out when I can. You all rock. I think we all might collectively constitute a cult.....ain't that something. :cheese:

More like a virtual community. And yes, it really is something remarkable.

Craig, Congratulations on the milestone(s).
Thanks also to all the great people here. Very diverse group.
If I time it just right, maybe that hat will be mine........all mine. BWAHAHAHAHAHA (That was supposed to sound like an evil laugh)
I grab a cup o' joe in the a.m., and here I am. It's like checking in with family, just a slightly bigger one. :lol:
I found this place while looking for info on my old Ashley. Never did find any, but what I found instead is much better.
I've seen a lot of things come and go in my life.......I hope the Hearth sticks around for a bit longer.

Congratulations, Craig. It's my privilege to be here with y'all as a part of this unique community. Thanks, Boss and fellow Mods...and thanks to everyone else who participates in a spirit of courtesy, respect, helpfulness, patience, and good humor. Rick

BrotherBart said:
Webmaster said:
BB, did you have a different handle on that old forum?

I was around and pretty much lurking then. Some of it got a little barbed and heated on occasion. The new forum has been a lot better. BeGreen, Eric Johnson (boy do I miss him here) and Mo Heat set a friendlier tone with the new forum right off the bat.

About that time I busted my old stove and dove in here head first.

What happened to Eric Johnson?

Ray

Eric is around and well. You may remember that he had a bout with colon cancer a few years ago. That took quite a bit of time for him to work through.....and, when he was well again, he decided riding his bike more and hanging out with family beat 100 hours per week on hearth.com
(smart move, I say!).......but he's around. I see him on Facebook and he will occasionally stop in here.

BeGreen said:
Delta-T said:

how bout we meet half way...call it a virtual cult? the word "cult" seems to have gained a negative connotation as of late, unfairly I thinks.

Delta-T said:
BeGreen said:
Delta-T said:

how bout we meet half way...call it a virtual cult? the word "cult" seems to have gained a negative connotation as of late, unfairly I thinks.

Alright . . . I'll go get my sneakers and jogging suit if someone else makes the purple Kool-aid. ;) :)

CountryGal said:
Best hearth website on the internet.

There are other's?

In the spirit of this luv fest I've decided to light a fire, instead of holding up a lighter.

Thank you Craig.
Thanks everybody.

I've had two stoves in my life. One before the interweb and hearth.com, and one after. Before, I ordered my wood in October and burned it in November, the stove sat on my fireplace hearth with a length of stovepipe shoved up through a block plate into the smoke chamber, and shared the same flue with another stove installation one floor above me. And forget about my burning practices - they were non-existent.

After hearth.com, I have a fully lined, insulated installation (just done last month) and burn only fully seasoned wood or manufactured wood bricks. I've replaced my windows, and am in the process of adding more insulation in my roof. I seek out air leaks and seal them. I weatherstrip. I tend my fires properly to get the maximum burn efficiency that I possibly can. I discovered the magic nirvana that only a SuperCedar can bring. And I cringe whenever the propane boiler comes on, which, thanks to Craig and this site, my fellow members, and our awesome moderators, seems to happen less and less every year.

Congratulations Craig, and thank you all for making all this great information and advice available to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.