hearth completed and stove installed w/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
I finally got it installed, it was a lot of work but i think it came out nice the wife and myself love it, what does everyone think? also 2 tons of hamers hot ones in the garage (sorry i did not take a pic) i had to test it out yesterday afternoon after i finished the install the stove ran great can't wait to heat the house with this. Thanks to everyone for there input.

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 582
Nice Job..Enjoy

Looks good Mike. Enjoy the heat!

PS Don't forget a good surge suppressor.

It's black....

Very nice...

Awesome job! I especially like your hearth tile layout. It works well on that wall and gives it some class.

What kind of pipe did you use? Did you hook up your OAK?

What's the pipe and shutoff valve on the wall: water, gas, radiant hot water?

Nice installation job Mike. If the wife liked it that's 90% of what you needed. If the wife isn't happy nobody is happy!

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks, I have not hook up the OAK yet that's this weekends project, the pipe i used is simpson dura vent, the small pipe coming through the wall is propane (it is shut off at the 500 gallon inground tank) it was used for the propane fireplace, i have moved the fireplace to another wall and will reroute the propane line, i plan on using the fireplace for backup only, I also installed a 1200 joule surge protector purchased from staples, according to info i learned from this great site anything over 900 should be good.

Nice Job! Enjoy!! ;-)

Nice job. Enjoy

nice jod look good. Injoy the heat

nice job mike ! welcome to the ESW family! dont forget the OAK though bro. i showed your pictures around the office along with the rest of the post, approval all around even the boss took a look and was happy. thanks for posting the shots and enjoy the stove

Status
Not open for further replies.