Hearth Country Ash Vacs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
Does anyone have any experience with Hearth Country Ash Vacs? On-line reviews are mixed. The biggest complaint is that the filters clog up within 15 to 20 seconds causing loss of suction. The filter shaker gizmo doesn't seem to work well. Their own literature suggests it be used to clean up AFTER the bulk of the ash is shoveled out.

Prices run $129 to $149 but Tractor Supply has it for $99. I'd love to have a Loveless but they cost over $200.

Thanks!

i have one of these. it works but its not the best. the filter clogs up fast and the only way to clean the ash off the filter is to pound on the top of the motor. it works but you get what you pay for.

I picked up a Loveless last year and am happy with it. The filter has a shaker gizmo and it works surprisingly well. My only complaint is the hose is only 5' long and that isn't good for cleaning over the top of my boiler. Want to look for an extension hose. Other than that it's nice. This is where I got mine when I picked up some envi pressed wood blocks.
This would be a OK place to order from and have them UPS out. Nice / professional business.
http://www.southshorewoodpellets.com/ashless_vaccums__accessories
Rob

I'm going to with the Loveless. I had a bid in on ebay tonight and was top bidder until the last second. I'll keep trying.

Admittedly I know very little about Ebay.... But, a buddy of mine uses a service that comes in with the next highest bid during the last seconds of auctions.
Kinda disappointing even Ebay has a gimmick.....
Good luck on a vac.
There was another thread posted about the same tome as yours that had some links to vacs below 200.... Rob

Goto the loveless website and enter their weekly give away for a free vac! firefighterjake and I are both weeners. err winnehs

Why not just use a small but good shop vac. If you read the loveless materials, even they do not recommend sucking up and embers or coals. If you are cleaning out just ash and cleaning around the stove, there is no reason you cannot use a shop vac - like I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.