Hearth Extension (Code Question)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis Koble

Dec 2, 2005
I will need a 12x48” hearth extension to meet the code requirements. Can the pre-fabed extensions lie on top of carpeting or will I have to cut away the carpet to meet code.

good question ok If the hearth extention meets the thermal conductivity thansfere issues it should be ok.
What I do is read the manufactures specs to see if that hearth extenction has been approved to go over.
If it list being acceptable for going over rugs, is UL listed and approved, and meets or exceed the thermal conductivity requirements of the stove then yes. So find out who make the extention read it specs and comapare it to the stove's requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.