Hearth for my NC-30 Almost Complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorDL55

Dec 9, 2009
Broadview Hts, OH
Have been working on a basement renovation (more like a basement finishing as it was block walls and a concrete floor) that is drawing to an end. One of the first things I did was install the new wood stove. Finally I got all of the stone up on the hearth. Basically just mortared it to the cinder block wall. Here's a pic of the stone work. Hardest part was putting the pieces of the puzzle together to get them to fit. I'll post some more pictures when the basement is done.

Attachments

• DSCN10962.jpg
    DSCN10962.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 449
Looks good . . . my wife and I have been talking about putting up some stone behind our stove eventually. I like this look.

Agree. Looks Great! I'd love to see some pics once it is completely finished.

I thought you were in the merchant marine with the propellor on top of the stove, untill i realized it was a fan....

f3cbboy said:
I thought you were in the merchant marine with the propellor on top of the stove, untill i realized it was a fan....

Haha. I see what you mean. It's actually really neat - it's a thermoelectric fan. It uses the temperature differential between the hot stove and the heat sink on top to generate electricity. That thing really moves when the stove is hot! Guy at the local stove store told me that the amish people buy them like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.