Hearth Gates for Children Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isipwater

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2013
Southeastn, AZ

I've sold & installed the Kidco Gate. I haven't seen the others, so I can't compare them. Kidco is nice because you can add or subtract panels if you need to & they come with the wall mounting brackets so they can't be pulled over. The latching release mechanism is designed so that small hands aren't able to open the gate portion. You can adjust the angles between adjacent panels as needed. Comes in white or black, & seem to be well made. HTH

Reactions: isipwater
Intalled the Kidco last week. got it because it was the only one that would clear the stone hearth and had fairly solid anchoring system. After installing it i like it alot. as Daksy said it is anchored to the wall (wood screws) and adjustable for angle to make it as space efficient and as pleasing to eye as a giant fence in your livingroom can be. The gate is such that i have to think and work at to get open and takes a bit of strength.

Reactions: isipwater
Status
Not open for further replies.