Hearth Leg Kit for Isle Royale???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erichardson

Feb 24, 2009
MD
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that this is still available and if it is, the cost and part#? I went to my dealer today and he had never heard of it...not only that, the part # for doesn't appear to be in any of the new manuals. He thought that they may have offered it in the past, but discontinued and haven't updated their manuals yet...But it also shows as an option on the website so i'm not sure what gives here...Being that i've got a low clearance issue with my ceiling, this will be pretty important.

Thanks,
Eric

erichardson said:
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that this is still available and if it is, the cost and part#? I went to my dealer today and he had never heard of it...not only that, the part # for doesn't appear to be in any of the new manuals. He thought that they may have offered it in the past, but discontinued and haven't updated their manuals yet...But it also shows as an option on the website so i'm not sure what gives here...Being that i've got a low clearance issue with my ceiling, this will be pretty important.

Thanks,
Eric
I'm also considering an Isle Royale (it's either that or a Jotul Oslo). The dealers in my area tell me that the hearth legs are no longer available, as I may have also used them. Don't put too much faith in Quad's website. It still mentions the lifetime warranty that's been discontinued since last September, too.

wow...that sucks...I wonder why they discontinued them...I've got some covered ductwork exactly 66" above the height of my raised hearth where the stove is going to go, the rest of the basement is around 76" above that.. The Isle Royale is 30" and requires a 36" ceiling clearance when venting out the rear flue into a fireplace - so i'm right at the absolute minimum...I was hoping to get a another 3" with the legs but oh well.

leg kit was dicontinued you should have you dealer call quad there may still be some sets kicking around but i would unlikely. you cant go wrong with the olso from jotul it is a great stove

Status
Not open for further replies.