Hearth Pad Dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you carpenters, math majors etc.:

OK, I need some idea as to what dimensions my hearth pad should be. The stove is 25" across front and 26" back to front. Need at least 6" from front ash drawer and 4 " from corners to wall. It will be setting cross-wise in a corner and there will be 3 equal length pieces across front. I'd like to be able to stand on it and fill the hopper so I'll need some space there as well as place for a pail. I plan on 2x4's on edge, 1/2" plywood, 1/2" hardibacker board then tiles.

What are some "roomy" dimensions you have for your hearths? Or what would you think would be a good size for the above?

Thanks so much, guys.

I might suggest stealing the dimensions from an existing hearth manufacturer...like Hearth Classics by Yoder. Bet you can get all their dimensions and whatnot off thier web site.

Delta-T said:
I might suggest stealing the dimensions from an existing hearth manufacturer...like Hearth Classics by Yoder. Bet you can get all their dimensions and whatnot off thier web site.

OMG, excellent idea, Delta. Lord knows why I couldn't think of the obvious!
Thanks.

I dont call it "cheating" so much as I call it "resourcefullness". Just using the tools that are at my disposal. I will take "slick" as a compiment though. Heck, I'd take j@ck@$$ as a compliment :cheese:

j-takeman said:
"cheating" = "resourcefullness"? Well if you say so! :lol:

this hold true in most venues...except sports and card games...then its just cheating...unless I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.