Hearth pad, Stove and Chimney install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I used Selkirk double wall from menards. You should use the same brand of double wall stove pipe as your class a chimney...unless you are venting into a masonry chimney. I did use the appliance adapter mainly because I needed the extra 6" or so to reach the ceiling support, but I kind of like the way it looks now that it is installed. It should work with or without the adapter.

Don't worry about extracting additional heat from the stove pipe, its the stoves job to do the heating. The whole point of double wall is to keep the heat in to improve draft and reduce creosote deposits. Happy heating!

Sounds great! Yeah I'm venting into a masonry chimney with a freshly installed SS liner. I will have a look at Menards. After all I do have a bunch of store credit from their 11% off sales. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: T-roy_
Status
Not open for further replies.