Hearth pad tile almost done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfisher

Apr 2, 2009
Michigan thumb
I got the tile layed and just have to trim and grout

007-2.jpg

Very nice - I can associate as I was cutting tile today too... although it looks like you did far more detail work than I did. How do you plan to finish out the edges?

Wow, beautiful! You're going to be proud of that installation.

I'm new to tile work but I quess it came out good. My wife came up with the design. My stove will be Installed in a few weeks

I did the hearth out in the studio last fall. It was fun and I was pretty pleased with my effort which required some pretty intricate cuts to go around the chimney. I had trouble with the grouting, though. While the area between the tiles was fine (and remains so) I've noticed there is cracking along the seam that abutts the chimney. I'm not really sure why, but seem to recall reading on this site that there is a more flexible product for use in that area. I'm not quite sure how to address the issue, but suspect there may be grout removal and a reapplication of an alternate product in my future...

Looks great, did the little missus help out with the installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.