Hearth wiki

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You folks ever read the stuff over there? Holy crap man, there is a LOT of info over there! I was surfing around reading about all of the contributions of many famous people in the industry...some of the stories I have heard but many were firsts for me... And then look what I found!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/scott-williamson/

That's it folks. I'm on the boards with Duncan Syme and Ben Franklin... My work on this earth is done...

Thank you, thank you very much... Please, no thank you really, thank you, thank you very much.

Webbie, is that the page you made the other week? I didn't realize what you were doing. That's funny stuff.

Reactions: Lousyweather
Well, it's true...

Hey, one year I won "Person of the Year" from the NJ Remodelers Association. I won it because I did more free work for them than anyone else.....
::-)
so, to them, you certainly were "person of the year"

Funny story, but old guys are all about stories....

My dad used to come up in the winter from FL and help us out in the shops - and he was quite experienced in business. We always thought of ourselves as the little guys - a good hint, BTW, for anyone in biz! So one year we came back from the show and mentioned how we caught a glimpse of this guy and this gal and hobnobbed with this stove company owners, etc.

He said "you may not realize it, but many of the folks running those booths are thinking "wow, here comes Craig and Martha from Stoveworks - I hope they stop in and talk to us"....

I think he was at least partially right. We did foolish things like paying our bills, being loyal to manufacturers, helping our customers, etc. and I had failed to realize that was the EXCEPTION.

So, young man, go forward and change the world....::P

Scott - I hope you have a great run. Make your customers happy, and they will make you happy in return.

Edit: and if you have any more wiki caliber posts feel free to hit up any mod or Webbie and we can work to get it posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.