Hearthpad question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitchen

Jan 20, 2013
Shawangunk Mountains, NYS
I am buying a Jotul F 55 and need to lower the stove by 1/2 inch to keep my rear flue horizontal run to the chimney connector on an upward trajectory. My current hearthpad is about 3/4 inch thick and if I could replace it with one that is about 1/4 inch thick, then I'm good.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers such a pad that is Type 1? I am too lazy to build one myself.

Too lazy to raise it up on top of cement board? Cut 1/4" or 1/2" stuff to match shape of pad and set pad on it. $40 or so depending on size of pad.

Wow, am I a turd. Whoops. Can't fix that with cement board then, eh! I'll be quiet now!

But I have heard folks here grind the feet down some.

Wow, am I a turd. Whoops. Can't fix that with cement board then, eh! I'll be quiet now!

But I have heard folks here grind the feet down some.

If I did that my OCD would kick in and I would have to repetitively grind each leg, thinking one was shorter than the rest - until the stove would be sitting directly on the hearth.

Status
Not open for further replies.