1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hearthpad question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Kitchen, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Kitchen

Kitchen New Member

Loc:
    Shawangunk Mountains, NYS
    I am buying a Jotul F 55 and need to lower the stove by 1/2 inch to keep my rear flue horizontal run to the chimney connector on an upward trajectory. My current hearthpad is about 3/4 inch thick and if I could replace it with one that is about 1/4 inch thick, then I'm good.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers such a pad that is Type 1? I am too lazy to build one myself.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DTrain

DTrain Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Stow, MA
    Too lazy to raise it up on top of cement board? Cut 1/4" or 1/2" stuff to match shape of pad and set pad on it. $40 or so depending on size of pad.
  3. Kitchen

Kitchen New Member

Loc:
    I don't want to raise the existing hearth - I want to lower it since the connector thimble with the new stove will be lower than the stove's rear flue.
  4. DTrain

DTrain Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Stow, MA
    Wow, am I a turd. Whoops. Can't fix that with cement board then, eh! I'll be quiet now!

But I have heard folks here grind the feet down some.
  5. Kitchen

Kitchen New Member

Loc:
    If I did that my OCD would kick in and I would have to repetitively grind each leg, thinking one was shorter than the rest - until the stove would be sitting directly on the hearth.