Hearthstone Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
I guess I just don't understand? I recently replaced the baffle on my heritage ( old one lasted 5 seasons) and the new style uses wire that you wrap around the middle combustion tube. I thought, OK this is a nice improvement over the old cotter pins that you would fight with to align up with the holes in the tube. Wrong! For some reason, I suppose to save. 22 friggin cents, its all you can do to be able to twist the wire around the tube. Come on Hearthstone, if the wires were 1/4 " longer it would make a huge difference. I did call the dealer where I purchased the baffle and he said I wasn't the first to complain about this. Yes, I know I could have used some mig wire from the barn but for $60 I don't think I should have to. OK, I vented, back to c/s/s......:)

I had way way too much wire when I replaced mine a month or so ago. I had to actually twist it a lot and then snip it with dykes since there was so much extra. Maybe they got the message?

I bought my Heritage used. I used it for two seasons burning 24/7. That baffle was damn near spotless when I sold the stove.

All damage to that baffle was due to my abuse. There is nothing that wears out with it.

All damage to that baffle was due to my abuse. There is nothing that wears out with it.
I was actually amazed that my dumb ass was able to cram two years worth of wood into the stove without destroying the baffle.

I think i have to replace the baffle on my heritage too...have done a lot of work on it already...ordered a new front door after the screws broke off when i was taking out the front glass to replace the gasket...instead of the front door i got the front door frame for the stove....so instead of taking back the wrong part they told me to keep it and they sent me the front door...makes me wonder how much these parts really cost to make? HMMMMM

If anybody needs the part or knows where I can get rid of it please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.