Hearthstone Bari

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Has anyone posted about it yet?

The thing spins for crying out loud. How cool is that? Talk about a new step for Hearthstone, its really a nice look stove. What do ya'll think of it?

It does look kinda cool - definately one of those designs where you really need the "right place" to put it. I don't really understand the need for the 180* rotation... is that so if you move to a different part of the room you can turn the stove and still see the fire?

Harley said:
It does look kinda cool - definately one of those designs where you really need the "right place" to put it. I don't really understand the need for the 180* rotation... is that so if you move to a different part of the room you can turn the stove and still see the fire?

I guess that's what they're thinking. I'm not sure if its really practical or not, but it sure sounds nifty. You can lock it in place too though, it doesn't have to rotate. Look at the size of those cast iron panels on the sides though. That's a lotta heat storage.

It would be slick if they added one of those controls like the video conference cameras have. The stove would follow you as you moved around the room. :roll:

BrotherBart said:
It would be slick if they added one of those controls like the video conference cameras have. The stove would follow you as you moved around the room. :roll:

Better yet.... maybe they could have it so the stove follows you from room to room like one of those mechanical pets :bug:

Looks like Scan and some other stoves (that also rotate 360) that have been on the market for years in Europe. GLAD to see that the US stove manufacturers are finally getting some fresh "Euro looking" stoves. New blood in an old lineup.......

looks kinda like an Ecostove but without the wood storage area:

http://www.ecostoves.co.uk/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=300&linkpath=http://www.ecostoves.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stoves_caminos_roma_stove.jpg&target=_self&title=Caminos%20`Roma`%20stove

or this Eurestove but with soapstone

http://www.eurostove.co.uk/izmir35/Files/165199

you also need a big bank account

List price
BARI Model # 8170 Freestanding Wood Fireplace
Grey matte with Soapstone
$4,099

Outside Air Adaptor
91-53700
$99.00

Mobil home mounting kit
91-99400
$49.00

475 lb stove with 40 lbs of soapstone "accents". Also reminds me of a Thelin with the vertical burn.

Is this considered thinking outside of the box?

hearthtools said:
you also need a big bank account

List price
BARI Model # 8170 Freestanding Wood Fireplace
Grey matte with Soapstone
$4,099

Outside Air Adaptor
91-53700
$99.00

Mobil home mounting kit
91-99400
$49.00

That thing would be bad ass in a mobile home.

Doesn't look like a new step at all;new to Hearthstone perhaps.On the positive side,it's good for the consumer to have more choices among woodburning appliances.It seems like the europeans are often ahead of us westerners when it comes to home-heating.I might consider such a stove, If they would double the size of the firebox.

Corie said:
yes, its the Hase Bari. I guess they're importing it or something?

Hergom is the Spanish company of which Hearthstone and Hase are some of their brands. My guess is they're exploiting one brand where the other is more well known. So they're more like their own re-sellers in the same channel.

It has soap stone accents.. it's doesn't appear to be a soapstone stove like their other stoves or Woodstock stoves.

It's more similar to some of the Morso stoves that have side panels made out of soapstone, but interior in firebrick then steel, then soapstone.

It's pretty - darn expensive!! The Hase web site lists Hearthstone as their USA distributor. I thought the stove looked very European...but hey if it's made in Germany, I would be confident of it's quality.

Oh the Hase site has it at max 7.4 kW which I converted to 22K btus. Is that correct? Hearthstone lists 35K. Hmm...

I wonder if the difference doesn't come from variations in test methods. Perhaps the american numbers come from using the douglas fir test loads, whereas perhaps they use a different test wood or method across the pond?

actually , a good accessory would be an "occilation package" like a fan , waving back and forth add a blower and voila, < chuckle> pretty kool stove though, might take a few years to recoup the investment in heating bill savings with that price tag.

Highbeam said:
475 lb stove with 40 lbs of soapstone "accents". Also reminds me of a Thelin with the vertical burn.

Is this considered thinking outside of the box?

40 lbs? The website says 150lbs.

Warren, we found an error. When you expand the features box by clicking on the little + sign the 150 turns into a 40. Nobody knows which is right now.

The Hearthstone btu numbers are based on independent test lab results with cordwood.

I notice a lot of the european stoves have tall fireboxes. Does a taller firebox allow more gases to be burned before leaving the firebox?

The homes and apartments in Europe are generally smaller than ours. So there is a space issue, so an upright would be a smart design, also less BTU'S are needed. I am curious how easy it is to load vertical pieces of wood, in such a small fire box?

I haven't tried it, but I would expect it would be easier than loading a horizontal log in from the end of the log (side loaders or N-S front loaders). Going in horizontally you have to hold the log up from one end which is a bit of an effort when getting into the big "all nighter" splits. Loading vertically should be easy - just put the end of the log where you want it, and tilt it into place. The only challenge might be to learn to put the splits in with the big end down and lean them so that they will fall back into the stove as they burn up. I could see it being a neat design with a bottom exhaust stove like an everburn or a Sedore...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.