Hearthstone Bennington

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees1

Mar 23, 2007
I looked at a Bennington today and noticed that it does not have fire bricks in its chamber. Being a cast iron stove, don't most stoves of this type have bricks? I am trying to decide between a Bennington and a Mansfield for a 2300 sq feet rec building. Thank you!

There are other cast iron stove on the market that don't have firebrick liners. Jotuls for example.

Can anyone provide me any feedback on the Bennington? This stove would be used to heat a very well insulated metal building 36x64 which will have two bedrooms but the remaining of the square footage is all open for games (ping pong, pool,etc). I will not be living in this building as it will be used for entertaining . Also, I will have a backup heat/air using a heat pump. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.