Hearthstone cleaning question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slofr8

Sep 19, 2006
Northern Maine
Hey again,
my Hearthstone Heritage was delivered last Friday and I can't get over how good it looks!
I was looking it over and noticed the ceramic baffle that is over the fire box, under the outlet.
Now, my stove pipe will come out of the top of the stove and go straight out through the ceiling and roof. No elbows. I thought that getting up there with a brush to clean would drop everything into the stove but it looks like it would stay on top of the baffle. What then?
Am I missing something?
Thanks, Dan.

slip the pipe up on either the single wall slip joint or slide the telescoping double wall section up and tape a trash bag to the bottem of the pipe. Take your shop vac and clean the top of the baffle about every other chimney cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.