Hearthstone Clydesdale 2009 model serial number question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kksalm

Dec 21, 2007
Kenai Alaska
Hello to the forum,
I recently purchased a Clydesdale over the phone and will be picking it up in a day or two. The dealer was unaware that the model had been improved upon from the "old" 2008 model and I want to be sure I'm accepting the "new" model. He gave me the serial number 6400, said the invoice shows it was shipped this year. Can anyone confirm that serial number 6400 is indeed the new model?
Thank you for reading this and or course thank you for any reply.

Since the one I looked at in 2008 was the Model 8490 and and the current one on the Hearthstone website is the Model 8491 I would dare say the model number on the plate on that stove tells ya what ya wanna know.

So far all I've got back is the serial number. The store is 120 miles from my job and 200 from my home. I just heard from my dealer he'll have the stockroom guys tear into it tomorrow for the model number, he sounded reluctant. I just don't want to make the drive and get stuck with the old model. I would think it'd be marked on the crate?
Thanks for reading

My dealer won't sell a Clydesdale anymore without it being a fresh order. Because the last one sat on the floor for four years. And of course since they all buy from distributors you don't have any way to know how long it has been sitting in the distributor's warehouse either.

Damn thing seems to be a great insert. I would have bought that one except for the fact that I stumbled over the 30-NC online the night before I was gonna go buy the Clydesdale and finally found the big ass free standing stove that would fit in my fireplace. And built by guys right here in my state. And made out of steel. A known preference of mine in wood stove materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.