Hearthstone Clydesdale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd7166

Jan 23, 2023
Ma
Hi I just got the new Clydesdale this past weekend. After the first couple break in fires we started putting more wood in to bring the temps up. We have noticed just with a 1/4 full load the temp goes up to the high end of the cat gauge. Even with the air lever all the way closed there is a lot of fire. Looking to see what I can do to turn down the fire a little. I want to be able to load up my stove and am worried about over firing since it gets so hot with just a little wood in it. Thanks.

This may be ok. The cat will be hyper-active until it breaks in. It may take a week or so.

Hi I just got the new Clydesdale this past weekend. After the first couple break in fires we started putting more wood in to bring the temps up. We have noticed just with a 1/4 full load the temp goes up to the high end of the cat gauge. Even with the air lever all the way closed there is a lot of fire. Looking to see what I can do to turn down the fire a little. I want to be able to load up my stove and am worried about over firing since it gets so hot with just a little wood in it. Thanks.
Did your fireplace improve or the problem got resolved? I just got the same insert and had the same issue, it get very hot with a few pieces of wood and I feel I have to baby sit the fire to not let it go or stay in the “to hot” zone for so long. I hope the problem was fixed and you have some suggestions after your experience. Thanks