Hearthstone Clydsdale (2009 model) door fell off today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalovesmax

Oct 17, 2009
Western Washington
Hello,

I went to put a few logs in my insert and the door fell off the hinge I think - too hot to get in there and take a look. I called the place I bought it from and the door hinges are under warranty, but not the labor.

I need to take a picture of the door off the hinge (after it is cooled off and fire is out) and send it to the dealer, who will send it to Hearthstone, who will then send the part(s) to my dealer and the dealer wants $160.00 to fix it.

My contractor is coming over for a few small things next week, should I get the part directly and have him do the work for a lot less or worth the $160.00 in labor to have the store do the repair.

My husband and I are not handy so we would not even attempt to fix it ourselves.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.