Hearthstone ... H1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Dempsey

Sep 8, 2013
Okay my friends ... New problem ...

Buying an HI in good shape.

Have the manual and all ... And many thanks ... But this seems to be a non- UL listed stove.

Anybody know for sure?

If its not UL listed I may not be able to install this beast in my house ... Code and all that.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum Jason.

You would do yourself a big favor by buying a newer stove. In addition, if you plan on burning wood, that wood should already have been put up and should be stacked in the wind to dry. If you plan on buying, do not expect it to be dry no matter what you are told. There can be exceptions but they are very rare. All sellers say their wood is ready to burn. Most really do not understand or care; they want only to sell the wood. Pity the poor buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.