Hearthstone h2 broken thermostat handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoman

Aug 23, 2014
Colorado
Hello,
I tried searching older posts but did not see anything on this topic. I have a hearthstone h2, and the thermostat handle that threads into the back of the stove, it opens and closes the vent. Well I think the stove was layed down on that side and they didn't take the handle out first, so it snapped off with I guess the threaded part broken in the stove? So the question is how can I fix this, since this is supposed to act as automatic type therm, opening and closes vent on its own as needed. I tried drilling out what was in that hole But no luck. If I look into that hole theres visual of any threads I can see. So not sure I can re thread, or adapt another way to hold handle in hole that still lets it move on its own?
Thanks for any help

Here's the page from the manual that shows the T-stat Assembly:

upload_2016-1-10_13-31-16.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-31-33.png

I would use a carbide drill to try to get the snapped off portion out, & if you are successful,
then drill & tap for the appropriate sized helicoil insert to give you clean threads to attach the new handle to.

Reactions: fbelec
Status
Not open for further replies.