Hearthstone Heritage I? Here are some pics. Does anyone have one of these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
Just wondering if anyone has one of these? It's a Hearthstone Heritage. 1979. How has it worked for you? Parts must be tough to come by, heh?

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 395
  • hearthstone heritage.jpg
    hearthstone heritage.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 568
I don't think it's a Heritage, they came out later, could be a H-1 or H-2? Looks like it needs a lot of work.

Todd said:
I don't think it's a Heritage, they came out later, could be a H-1 or H-2? Looks like it needs a lot of work.

Pretty sure it is an H1

Hello Todd and BrowningBAR,
Good to hear from you. I thought it looked like an H1 or 2. I have yet to search around the web for info. Yeah, it needs a total overhall including a pretty big part inside, I think it's a fireback. All the stone has to be polished too. It may be too much to do but it would make a good winter project.

If you do a search on here for Hearthstone I or Hearthstone II, there are a number of folks who use them or have restored them etc and you might find one or two folks who will be good resources for you. A stove that old won't be EPA compliant though and will still be considered a "smoke dragon" although those soapstone stoves do have an appeal so they maintain more value than a regular cast iron stove of a similar age. Sometimes you can find really pretty ones, that one wouldn't be worth much unless you were committed to a lot of work!

Hard as it may be to believe, a old soapstone stove can be a piece of crap too. :coolgrin:

VCBurner said:
BrotherBart said:
Hard as it may be to believe, a old soapstone stove can be a piece of crap too. :coolgrin:
Love your comments Bart! :lol:

Please tell me someone paid you to take it off your hands. The cost to bring it back to life, plus it's known skill of chewing through wood seems to make it fall into the 'not worth it' category.

If you are looking for a project, well, enjoy. I guess? :)

BrowningBAR said:
VCBurner said:
BrotherBart said:
Love your comments Bart! :lol:

Please tell me someone paid you to take it off your hands. The cost to bring it back to life, plus it's known skill of chewing through wood seems to make it fall into the 'not worth it' category.

If you are looking for a project, well, enjoy. I guess? :)
I don't know what I was thinking. The only way it would be worth such an extensive restoration would be if the end result was a "killer" burner. Not worth the painstaking process if it will not yield rewards in the end. Take care guys, thanks for the wake up call!

Status
Not open for further replies.